Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • acid4575
    • Feb 2004

converting .dvr-ms to avi

ok i have a weird capture card: Emuzed EvcapMaui Device, the problem with it is that no capture software works on it i have tried: Virtual VCR, Virtual Dub, WinDVR, Dr. DivX and a few others for some reason nothing works but when i use my media center it can get the single in just fine, so i figured i can use Media Center to record live TV in an .dvr-ms format but i want to convert them into a .avi format.
  • vance43211
    • Mar 2005

Microsuck set it up that way. I have an NVTV card that like that. I bought it from the store and only media center 2005 can work it.

I was mad at first, but I figured out that most dvd authoring programs will recognize the DVR-MS (basically mpeg files with more infomation) files

Comment

• ormonde
      Digital Video Explorer
      • Dec 2003

"i figured i can use Media Center to record live TV in an .dvr-ms format but i want to convert them into a .avi format."

I believe a program called "Blaze Media Pro" should handle conversion of .dvr-ms to AVI.

Comment

• vance43211
        • Mar 2005

a lot of people will be suprised about 3 things when they get MCE 2005.

1. no other program can use the capture device (win dvd creator will try it's best though)

2. it will only capture to a Microsoft file (dvr-ms).

3. when you burn a dvd for within MCE it will only burn a data dvd

this stuff misleads most people. for one most people assume that with MCE you can capture movies and burn them to dvd's that will work in a standalone players. this was the main reason I bought the stupid software

the next thing they is try to figure out a way to convert those files to mpeg or avi so they can burn dvds that work in standalones. I spent a long time trying to figure this out. I was using Isobuster to strip the files

but one day I figured out that I really don't need to convert it, because it is a fully compliant mpeg file (it has a bunch of extra stuff added in)

Comment

• vance43211
          • Mar 2005

DVR ripper will convert it to mpeg files

Comment

• acid4570
            • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by ormonde
            "i figured i can use Media Center to record live TV in an .dvr-ms format but i want to convert them into a .avi format."

I believe a program called "Blaze Media Pro" should handle conversion of .dvr-ms to AVI.
            tried it, it didn't work, maybe i'm doing something wrong

Comment

• acid4570
              • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by vance43211
              DVR ripper will convert it to mpeg files
              i can't find that software, little help?

Comment

• anonymez
                Super Moderator
                • Mar 2004

"What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• Chilerece
                  • Aug 2013

To convert DVR to AVI, I know a step by step guide on how to convert DVR to popular video formats. It can be used:
                  • Convert DVR to AVI or WMV for playback DVR in Window Media Player, Xbox and more or edit DVR in Windows Movie Maker.
                  • Convert DVR to MPEG (ncluding MPEG-2 and MPEG-1) or convert DVR to VOB for burn DVR to DVD or VCD
                  • Convert DVR to MP4 for play DVR on iPad, iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, iTunes, BlackBerry, Android Phones, PS3, PSP and more.
                  • Convert DVR to MOV for play DVR in QuickTime, Wii and more
                  • Convert DVR to FLV for upload HD DVR to YouTube and more.
                  • Convert DVR to DV for editing DVR in Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas, iMovie, Final Cut Pro or Final Cut Express.
                  • Convert DVR to other video formats including ASF, MKV, RM, RMVB, WebM, MPG and more

If you prefer to try it, you can type "Step by step guide to convert DVR to AVI, MPEG, MP4, WMV on Windows or Mac" in Google to get it.

Comment

• chris198810
                    • May 2015

Ever heard Brorsoft Video Converter? I've used it to convert DVR-MS files to iTunes for playback and sharing.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎