Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • golden_eagle
    • Jan 2003

2 Part DVD to DivX Audio Problems

I'm trying convert one of my films to DivX to watch on my new DivX compatible DVD player.

I have so far managed to 'Rip' the VOB's to my Hard Drive into 2 disc format - Part 1 and Part 2

The DVD in question is LOTR Fellowship Special Edition.

I use Gordian Knot for all my encodes and up to now have had no problems. I have opened and saved the file needed for encoded using DVD2AVI and everything seemed fine.

I then spent 7 hours encoding to DivX only to find that the first half of the encode is fine and the second half, the audio is out by a few seconds.

I thought about doing them seperately and joining afterwards but have heard this will not work because the Bitrates are likely to be different.

If I do them seperatley I know they will be fine, but this will defeat the object of the '1 file' creation I'm trying to accomplish.

Has anyone any ideas how I can get round this problem. I'm expecting a file size of approximately 900Mb all said and done.

Ta in advance

Golden Eagle
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Regarding the second video:

A) If the difference between audio and video is constant throughout the video:

Load the file into VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod, or NanDub.
    Set BOTH "Video"(VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod and NanDub) and "Audio" (VirtualDub and NanDub - VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list") to "Direct Stream Copy".
    From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Interleaving" (For VirtualDubMOD, rightclick on the listed audiostream and then select "Interleaving")
    Under "Audio skew correction", set an appropriate number of milleseconds (positive or negative) in the box labelled "Delay audio track by"
    Save with a new filename

B) If the difference increases as the movie plays:

From under the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Framerate" - and select "Change so video and audio durations match"

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• golden_eagle
      • Jan 2003

I'm not sure I explained it clear enough. I understand how to interleave video and audio, but I am not actually encoding 2 seperate video files. The set is on 2 DVD's and I'm trying to create one individual file from the 2 DVD's.

The first half of the video file (DVD 1) is absolutely fine. The second half of the video file (DVD 2) is out constantly by a couple of milliseconds (does make a bad difference though).

As the Video file is only singular. If I was to interleave it, the first half of the Video file would be then out of synch.

I could make 2 files, 1 from each DVD, and join the AVI's together. But I know that once I have created 2 AVI the bitrates will be different thus unable to join them together to one file.

I could, I guess make 2 constant Bitrate AVI's. Join them together then reencode that AVI to a variable bitrate avi, would this be the only way around this?
      Last edited by golden_eagle; 22 Jun 2004, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"The second half of the video file"

Using VirtualDub or VirtualDubMOD, from the "Edit" dropdown menu, set this point as "Set selection start" and set the end of the video as "Set selection end" - and then follow the instructions I've already provided to correct the audio skew for this portion of your single (combined) video...

Comment

• golden_eagle
          • Jan 2003

Excellent advice. I didnt realise you could do that! I thought the interleave was with regard to the whole movie.

Thanks VERY much for your invaluable advice.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Thanks VERY much for your invaluable advice."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎