Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MOVIESPAST
    • Jun 2004

burn problem after encoding

I encoded PAL Region 4 Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Disc I(main film and some features) which took nearly 5 hours. I commenced burn and got over 75% then the disc eject with an error. The disc was OK and then I saw a screen that told me that at that point there was an Invalid CSS Code Error at this point. I played back the disc in the same drive and all the menus were there and could be activated and I could view all the Special Features(trailers, etc) and most of the film until the last 3 or 4 chapters when a read error clean disc error came up( this was not the problem).

I also have a problem in that I cannot use the saved file(the saved file has the same file name everytime that appeared after I sample anylised my first title but didn't encoded at that time. Can this be reused to burn a disc?

Finally, I burnt a disc from the orignal encoded burn of a title and it plays OK on the computer but on a Panasonic Recorder it throws up a U11 error code. On a Yamaha Chinese made machine it plays the copyright notices but then the interface of the machine comes back and a notice saying Home Use precludes the use of this disc. A friend had the same trouble with a disc he had dubbed from an encoded burn and then put in on a Chinese generic machine. It played.

My friend had suggest I use ROXIO Easy Creator to burn the file of two films and it did not work and I tried Pioneer's Record Now software and it burnt at the same time as ROXIO and then started the same time again as Verifying Disc(about 24 mins) but there was nothing on the discs and they were rendered useless. The third encoding of both originals produced complete burn copies.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ken H
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I encoded PAL Region 4 Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Disc I(main film and some features) which took nearly 5 hours."

Did you DECRYPT the DVD? If so, what software did you use?

Comment

• MOVIESPAST
      • Jun 2004

I use DVD Shrink as downloaded from a PC local magazine which ties up with Nero according to specs of the Shrink Program. I have had no such trouble with any other decrypting as described in my e-mail. I have encryted maybe 25 DVDs to date over the past two weeks.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Try the following:

Use DVD Decrypter to "rip" the ORIGINAL (commercial) DVD to your hard drive in "File" mode - and from the "Edit" dropdown menu, select "All files" (NOT "movie files").

Then use DVD Shrink to "Open files" (NOT "Open Disk") - and select "VIDEO_TS.IFO"

Comment

• MOVIESPAST
          • Jun 2004

June 24 2004 Thanks. I went to my DVD Decrypter software and started the job with 6 files listed. Halfway thru I decided to sop and went to the site where I updated to the later version then started again. This time I had 19 files and after nearly 3 hours I had finsihed the job(over 7GB of files). This morning I followed your instructions and opened file and it took about 6mins to analyise and then Backup started off a fast 1600 plus kb/s and averaged over 1300 kb/s and it was all over in less than 50mins. Writing to disc was about 4.4GB and then usual 2x(2770kb) came up but this took about 3 times longer than usual to burn.

Now to get a Region Free program that allows both my drives to run all Region Codes. The disc above had 2&4 which the new download told me. My DVD-ROM is locked at 1 and the DVD-burner is locked at 4 but I really need access to Region 2 as well. Any thing out there?
          Ken

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Thanks."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...