• Show
Clear All
  • zx50
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by guada
    Thank you a lot for your help Soul.

Note: attention it is only an example of a avi file..
    this example makes show the potential of the 2 codecs only with a bitrate of 3500 kbps.
    therefore, it is not necessary to expect the miracle.
    Thank you for your understanding
    What resolution are these?? but even so the XviD ones look the best. Why wasn't DivX included in this test.
    Computer Fanatic

Comment

• guada
      • Jun 2004

Hello zx50,

I'm sorry to contradict you, the format of windows carries away it in the pictorial cooling, the picture is more classifies; contrary to the Xvid that misses a little heat in the picture.
      It doesn't mean that the definition is not there, on the contrary the Xvid team is very talented because its codec makes some prowesses in high definition.
      What I appreciate a lot and that permits me to say that this codec didn't end up us excited its progress of refinement and clarity.
      I think that it is more useful in HD mode.
      But, it only prevents that the visual talent agrees with WMV9 and it is my report.
      To verify it, try to copy to glue my captures (not the most beautiful, since it is an avi doubles encoded time) toward a file "My Pictures"
      And observe:
      - on a (UC) flat screen (resolution 1280*692) one moment with the software SAR v2.03 or BreezeBrowser v2.10 (to see update for the tools of optimizations) or vcDemo for more of details.
      And, there you will tell me what you think.
      - or if you have luck, on a television to overhead projection of mark Thomson DMD 50 DLY 644.
      I don't possess it, but I pass in transit at a friend. A place or delivers himself of the enthusiasts of the high definition.
      It will be necessary to see this mastodon to the work.
      With its new matrix signed Texas HD2+ very complex TVHD 720P/1080i and, of its Genesis scaler associated to the Hi-Pix technology without consession.
      I won't go in the details because this technology is advanced too much.
      What I can say, it is that he/it analyzes the source, to its desentrelacement so necessary, as well as to the compensation of the artifacts bound to the movement of a plot to the other (interpolation of movement, system adaptive motion). To add to it a reducer of noise that works in real time, to the will of the level of noise of every plot.
      That dealt with me striking.
      In short, it was just a small parenthesis.
      Besides, I advise you to try to see on your computer and you will tell to me then.

Note: as I specified it upstream, my goal is not to give the definition to a sharp picture, but to show that by the treatment of a bad source the codec that takes out again the share.
      Sorry for the DivX, the qualities of the Xvid remain superior even in high definition.
      Nevertheless, it would be interesting to test the capacities of the RV10E with its Hfe2 mode.

SOUL, I don't forget you.

Comment

• zx50
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        • Aug 2003

The reason i thought that XviD was better than WMV9 is because there is less noise than the one with the WMV9 still. I didn't actually notice anything like not enough warmth, but i did notice the fact that one had more noise than the other.
        Computer Fanatic

Comment

• guada
          • Jun 2004

Hello zx50,

The ideal would be that you make a small test.
          Nevertheless, I would restart with another more convincing example.
          To it, I would add the codec Mpegable x4 live just with VDM.

To soon.

Comment

• guada
            • Jun 2004

Good evening,

I am distressed not to be able to answer the tests of encoding (professional reason).
            But, I don't despair, because I believe that will come one day.
            Besides, I make copies of disks dvd with Dvd2dvd-R pro rc7 and for the re-encoding the excellent CCE 2.70 Pro.

I think that the future tests will carry on the codec mpegable avc, wmv9, and the xvid 1.0.2.
            Small change in the avs, with the addition of Peachsmoother filters coupled to vaguedenoiser, or of mergeluma and mergechroma.
            Of course, convolution3D, fluxmooth, Undot and Deen are not abandoned.

To all see you later

Comment

• k2005
              • Apr 2005

What programme is used to encode them with mpeg-4.?

Comment

• j1mmy
                • Nov 2005

There are many programs avaliable for doing such a thing k2005, a popular one is Virtual Dub. You then download the various codecs like Xvid etc. and use them on an AVI file.

Thanks for the topic decryptit, very interesting.

Comment

• tashayar
                  tashayar
                  • Dec 2005

Hello I am a newbie and maybe I am posting in the wrong part . I bought a video I pod for xmas for my partner. After trying unsucessfuuly load my own video clips and 5 calls to apple in India though it only cost me a local call from Oz and some of the rudest people I have evr come across they treat you if you don't have a brain(scarecrow). Well eventually I was transferred back to Sydney where a n aussie guy nittec out that my own clips are muxed. Now my question is does anybody know of a good free program to demux or is it called something else.Wold apprecaite some guidance how to post and the issue I have raised. Thanking You
                  Tashayar

Comment

• celtic_druid
                    Digital Video Expert
                    Digital Video Expert
                    • Dec 2005

You want to remux avi's to mp4? mp4box/yamb can remux MPEG-4 Part 2 (XviD, DivX, etc.) avi's to mp4. Not sure if the ipod can playback mp3 in mp4 though so you might need to re-encode to aac. Also there is the fact that the ipod only supports SP, so any bframes, etc. and you need to re-encode the video anyway. You can re-encode to SP MPEG-4 or baseline AVC. I think I recall reading that the ipod also supports mpg files?

Plenty of ffmpeg based all in one type video to ipod converters out there if you want something easy for re-encoding.

Comment

• chief4life11
                      • Mar 2012

Good info, Thanks

Comment

• rozahmed
                        • Jan 2017

Thanks !

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰