Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • qball75227
    • Jul 2004

Burning Problem with TMGEnc DVD Author

Ok...here is the situation. I am using DVD Shrink 3.1 to compress and encode my dvd of interest. I use the 'full disc' option and adjust the compression ratio so that the main movie is at least 70%. The encoding process went fine...no problem whatsoever. I save it to a folder; so this folder has the Audio TS and Video_TS.

Now here is where the problem occur. I then fire up TMPGEnc DVD Author Burning Program. I select 'write DVD FOlder to DVD-R'. I browse and find the folder that contain my Audio_TS and Video_TS. Then I start the writing process. Everything seems to be working ok. It writes for about 10-15 minutes...then to my dismal, got an error message. This is the error message: The files cannot be read or does not exist. I don't why this is. All the files are fine. I can watch the saved movies fine on my computer. So what is the problem here?

Why isn't it burning all the way through?? Does anyone ever encounter this error before? If so, can you please suggest how I can resolve or prevent this from happening. Also if you know of another way to do this, let me know. For example, should I use another burning program (..I like TMGEnc though). I am just trying to pinpoint what the problem is.

I recently starting doing dvd backup so this is kind of new to me. But the first three time I did a dvd backup with DVD Shrink and TMPGEnc DVD Author, it worked perfectly. I was thrilled to death...but now...the last 2-3 movies I try to backup failed.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Qball75227
    Last edited by qball75227; 3 Jul 2004, 09:08 AM.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Does the hard drive version of the "Shrunk" DVD playback (AS "DVD", not simply individual .VOBs) on your PC?

Comment

• qball75227
      • Jul 2004

There are a bunch of .VObs files in my Video_TS FOlder, when I select on of the .vobs, it opens my PowerDVD program and starts playing just fine. Does that answer the question? I am not quite sure if that is what you are looking for. If not, please explain with some detail.

Anyway, thanks for your reply!

Qball75227

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Use PowerDVD to "Play DVD" (from your hard drive), NOT to "Play .VOB/File"...

Comment

• qball75227
          • Jul 2004

Yes...I think so...on the PowerDVD interface, I got to'Select Source' and was able to play the dvd in my DVD-Rom drive. And when I use the 'Open DVD File from Hard Drive', I was able to view the various DVD Video/ VR IFO Files (.IFO).

Is there relationship between this and the problem I am encountering? Thanks.

Qball75227

P.S. THe funny thing is that recently I burn a previous folder with Video_TS and AUdio_TS in it and it was perfect as I done before. SO do you think the recent failure is due to the files being corrupt or something....but why would that be if it encodes perfectly. I also enocde to ISO and it encodes perfectly...but burning stop after 10 minutes. Hmm...

Qball75227

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"And when I use the 'Open DVD File from Hard Drive', I was able to view the various DVD Video/ VR IFO Files (.IFO)."

Click on the file named "VIDEO_TS.IFO" - Does the hard drive version of the "Shrunk" DVD playback?

Comment

• qball75227
              • Jul 2004

Yes..it plays back perfectly....but won't burn all the way through.

Interestingly, I am using another laptop using the same programs and methods....and it's been working perfectly. I have burned like 20 backups in a row without any problems.

So...i still don't know what the original problem is...but I am just glad I have a backup computer that can do the job.

Qball75227

Comment

• Billy_Black
                • Mar 2004

Seems like overkill to use an authoring program to burn the Shrink files. Do you have Nero? If not get DVDDecrypter to rip those problem DVD's and to burn all your ISO's. In the latest version of Shrink untick 'burn with Nero' and in the pulldown chose 'ISO', you can then burn with Decrypter to disc.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎