Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Perfect, flawless, flight simulator "video game" screen capture to DVD quality video!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lilryno
    • Jul 2004

Perfect, flawless, flight simulator "video game" screen capture to DVD quality video!

I need to capture a flight simulator video game to make an instructional video to put on DVD. All the programs I've sampled so far can only do small portions of the screen or else are not very smooth (frame rate isn't good enough). Does anybody know of a program that captures full screen to perfect digital video? Thanks very much for any help.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Try either "Camtasia" or "SnagIt!"...

Comment

• Lilryno
      • Jul 2004

Thanks. I know I've checked out the free SnagIt trial download and it wasn't quite good enough for my purposes. Not sure if I've tried Camtasia or not. I know it's 300 bones to purchase it... Which I'd spend if it works well enough. Do you think Camtasia would do the trick for a continually moving full screen video game? I wonder if I bought a computer with a mutli-threaded processor if that would work.

I also wonder if there is a way to simply plug my DV camcorder into my computer somehow and have it tape the output?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

1) If I remember correctly, Camtasia costs far less than even $100US

2) You should be able to download a free trial version from:

Comment

• Lilryno
          • Jul 2004

Cool. I'll check it out. Thanks again.

Comment