X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tfboy
    • Feb 2002

Backing up dvd problem with dvdrom drive in nero

Hi all

I have an interesting problem and not sure what's causing it.

I'm trying to back up one of my personal dvd movies. It's already on a dvd-r so it fits and the dvd-r I have already burnt from an image file works fine.

My dvd burner is a Pioneer DVR-105 which runs fine
    I want to use my dvd-rom drive (Mat****a SR-8587) as the source drive so I can do "on the fly copies".

When I put the dvd-r disc in the Mat****a drive, and try a disc copy, it fails.
    If I do Recorder -> Disc info from within Nero, it says disc is empty
    However, if I run the Nero InfoTool from the Nero Toolkit, it reads the disc fine and picks up the correct info.

The same disc in the Pioneer drive is read fine both from nero infotool and from within nero, so I can use the pioneer burner to make an image on the hard disc and then copy back to a blank dvd-r but it's sloooooooow

So why would Nero InfoTool read the disc fine but nero burning rom can't? I know the drive physically reads the disc fine - I can play back the movie from that drive using powerdvd without and problems.

Any suggestions?

BTW, nero version 6.3.1.17
    Windows 2000 Pro. Adaptec ASPI drivers installed, etc, etc

Thanks in advance

Token

edit: didn't think about the filtering Matsh-i-ta drive of course
    Last edited by tfboy; 8 Jul 2004, 08:58 AM.
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"When I put the dvd-r disc in the Mat****a drive, and try a disc copy, it fails."

You may be encountering a buffer underrun problem within Nero. Why don’t you just "Copy" the files of the original DVD to your HD, and then just burn them in the normal fashion with Nero?

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"When I put the dvd-r disc in the Mat****a drive, and try a disc copy, it fails."

Do you know whether this drive is capable of READING DVD-Rs?

Comment

• tfboy
        • Feb 2002

Originally posted by ormonde
        You may be encountering a buffer underrun problem within Nero. Why don’t you just "Copy" the files of the original DVD to your HD, and then just burn them in the normal fashion with Nero?
        I didn't know buffer underrun problems existed for reading discs. I could copy the files to the harddrive but would like to automate the process as much as possible and not have to first do a copy and then a new cd image. I like the idea of puting the source disc in one drive, the blank in the other and just asking for a copy

Originally posted by setarip

Do you know whether this drive is capable of READING DVD-Rs?
        Yes, this drive can read the disc fine. I can see the Video_ts and Audio_ts directories in explorer and can play the movie via power dvd / windvd. The disc contents appear fine except within nero.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎