Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Sony DVD DW RW-U10A Firmware Update+Info - Digital Video Forums

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony DVD DW RW-U10A Firmware Update+Info

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Floppy

Sony DVD DW RW-U10A Firmware Update+Info

Hi there Everyone.

I have available to anyone the Firmware version 1.1d (official OEM) for the Sony DVD DW RW-U10A. x4 DVD -R
    If you would like to update to this version please send private message with an e-mail and you shall receive. File size prevents upload to the Digital-Digest server.

Flashing your drive should be done in PIO mode so B4 flashing be sure to change it to this mode. When the flash is complete the DMA should be enabled once again.

This firmware version wont render your warranty void and should improve compatibility with more media speed improvments and burn stability, but in the unlikly event that the flash should damage your drive in any way, I cannot be held responsible for such event.

It is recomended that you check any software for malicious code, B4 installing/running.

From 18/8/2004 I have stopped offering patched firmware on this thread and the serioulsly advice against the use of such firmware.

I have based this decision on the believe that these patched firmware versions are not up to industry standards and are known to cause adverse effects. The ratio of 100% success is by far stacked against the average user.

Hope this is helpfull. But the Choice my friends is yours.
    Last edited by Guest; 5 Sep 2004, 04:38 AM.
  • makaders
    • Feb 2005

I'm using roxio popcorn v1.0.0 on a power mac g5 with dual 2g process. 6g ram and nearly 1KG of hard drive space. Writing a dvd quits with the msg., the drive, a sony dvd rw dw-u10a, reported an error; sense key=medium error, sense code = 0x73, 0x03. the write fails. i'm using 4x media. would firmware update solve? I appreciate any help. thanks. makaders

Comment

• dll
      • Jun 2005

Hi, Floppy,

would you please e-mail me this firmware update as well ?

I found your post via the google and currently this forum does not allow me to send any private messages.

Im getting more and more troubles with media incompatibilities with new verbatim 4x DVD-R and -RW media with my iMac G4 with Sony DW-U10A.

Thanks,
      Dmitri

my email is : dmitri at livotov dot org

Comment

• Experi-Mentor
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Nov 2004

@ dll.

i have forwarded a "pm" to floppy on your behalf

Comment

• dll
          • Jun 2005

Experi-Mentor, thanks a lot !!!

Comment

• makaders
            • Feb 2005

An update of my last post obout problems burning with the sony DRX 710UL, I've made several changes. 1. Updating to Tiger (not the solution). 2. Installing the Popcorn/Toast/Jam patch (a partial fix). And 3. replaceing the DRX-710UL with the "Mac compatable" DRX-710UL/T. Still having problems with popcorn getting "stuck" verifing and not responding, I have to "force quit" and switch the Sony off/on, to eject the disc. Still working the perverbial bugs out. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers (can I say that?). Till we read again.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎