Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • luka
    • Nov 2001

problems with Flask MPEG

I have a problem with flask mpeg.I converted two DVD-s to divx and Flask MPEG was working right. But now,when i open an *.IFO file and i choose my settings(720*576,divx codec fast motion,mpeg-3 layer 56kb/s,...).The i press start conversion and the conversion starts.I can see the movie and subtitles but when the conversion reach 1.910% it just stops.I tried different Flask versions,different settings and different DVD-s and it's always the same(1.910%) and then I have to cancel it.
    i don't have a clue so i woul'd be very happy if someone could help me.
    thanks!!!
    luka from slovenia
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Are you encoding directly from the DVD ?
    If so rip the dvd to hd first, works much better.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• luka
      • Nov 2001

No!
      I am encoding from hard disk.

Comment

• khp
        The Other
        • Nov 2001

Strange, do you also get this if open the vob-files directly instead of using the ifo file ?,
        have you tried encoding with audio turned off ?

Comment

• luka
          • Nov 2001

yes i tried.everything is OK.But when i open an *.IF file it just stops.

Comment

• DataAngel
            • Nov 2001

Okay now first of all I still use FlaskMPEG 0.594, because quite frankly 0.6 preview sucks I tried it and found 0.594 to work much better. So I highly recommend that version.

Now onto your problem, you cannot encode .IFO files, if I am correct the IFO file is like directory of what is where and what is what within the VOB files. So when you rip the DVD to your hdd the IFO file tells the ripper (or rather the ripper reads the IFO file) to find out WHERE on the disc the correct audio track is and subtitling (which one if you want it) and WHICH video stream you want, ie full/wide (some discs have both on the same side of the disc).

As for a DVD ripper... hmm I have looked for days to find good ones and CladMDec is by far the best and with it you can actually choose different audio streams, etc. then just the default, really nice when I was able to RIP the Paul Oakenfold: SwordFish remix Video off the DVD. At first it didn't work well because it was ripping an AC3 6ch track which dne, I set it to rip AC3 2ch and VIOLA! I mainly like it because of the amount of control it gives the user. Not to much by default which really lets you do some good ripping before you encode.

Last edited by DataAngel; 30 Nov 2001, 06:27 AM.

Comment

• khp
              The Other
              • Nov 2001

you cannot encode .IFO files, if I am correct the IFO file is like directory of what is where and what is what within the VOB files
              Right,
              However, some versions of flask can do ifo parsing, this can be used for embedding subtitles directly in the avi-file, and better control over which audio and video streams are transcoded.

To Luka:
              I find it very strange that you always get to 1.9 % completed.
              Have you tried changeing the way you rip the dvd.
              In smartripper try turning off stream processing, or try using the files tab.
              And use flask version 0.6 with subtitles fix, don't use the thunder.mism plugin it sucks bigtime.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎