Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dsequeira
    • Jul 2004

power director 3 runtime error

I am a newbie and just edited my first movie. It consists of still photos, video and music. It runs in the preview window perfectly. when I hit the produce button to render it I get a runtime error that says "microsoft visual c++ error" in the runtime library and to contact the admin yada yada..I am in a crunch because I have a time limit. Is there anyway to fix this runtime error and get this thing burned soon. Thanks for any help I can get
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Such an error usually indicates that a support file (.dll) is corrupt. Try reinstalling your purchased product or contacting the publisher...

Comment

• dsequeira
      • Jul 2004

thanks...if I reinstall the product will I lose my project? The problem is that all of the captured video is no longer available to me because it was a one-time event? And if I re-install the program is there anything I can do so that that support file does not get corrupted? I have already e-mailed the publisher but havent had a response and I am on a time deadline...thank you very much for your help...I was able to save the project as an avi file on my desktop but I really dont know if I can do anything with that...kinda computer illeterate..

Comment

• dsequeira
        • Jul 2004

Hello anyone out there to help me? I reinstalled the program with a few patch updates but still get the same error. I am running out of time for my deadline. I am still getting the runtime error but now I got a new error that says I have an "ActiveMovie Window: powerdirector.exe-application error".

Comment

• atifsh
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2003

power director 3 doesnt comup with any patches that i know of. anyway, when u reinstall, did u deleted the folder aswell? if not do so and reinstall. just save ur project files to some otherplace first.
          or u can try video studio 8, that somwhat better then power director. i use both and find video studio better one. even power director 2.55 was better then 3. ver 3 has some problems that cyberlink dont want to solve or they dont want to accept there is a problem.
          [Problem with smart rendering that is]
          Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• dsequeira
            • Jul 2004

thanks...unfortunately I had studio 9 and it was even worse as far as rendering. I should have bought studio 8. Cyberlink finally e mailed me so i am trying a bunch of things. We will see what happens.... thanks ( I did apply a cyberlink patch but the error still exists.)

Comment

• Varebel
              • Aug 2004

I have Power Director 3, and haven't had any problems. I have Studio 8, and it wouldn't "render" the first disk. Nothing but problems out of that. It would be a good program, if Pinnacle would work on the Make Movie, and burn engine.

If you are having problems, try running "scan disk" or like someone said above, remove the program, and reinstall it. There are only 2 patches I know of for PD 3 which are the DVD template package, and the burn upgrade from 7 /3/2004. don't use the patches from ver. 2.55
              will check back...

Comment

Working...