Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which burner and media for 100% success??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phytrax
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Jul 2004

Which burner and media for 100% success??

Does anyone out there have 100% success with their configuration? If so which burner do you use and which media? Also, do they work 100% of the time on a stand alone DVD player that is NOT SPECIFICALLY designed for DVD+-R disks?

Also, what's the highest speed you have 100% success at? 4x? 8x? 12x?

---------------------------------

I'm having about 70% success right now with a NEC burner and a Lite ON burner using good name brand disks. The other 30% completely freeze up at some point in the movie. Even some of the good ones have a spot or two where the picture messes up for a second. I'm getting some Ritek media and hoping this gets me to the 100% mark.
    Last edited by Phytrax; 26 Jul 2004, 09:43 PM.
  • Rasta
    • Jul 2004

Sony DRU-510A and I always use Ritek DVD-R G04 media. I have 100% success and I use this combo to not only backup my dvds but also my Xbox games. I never have burner/media related problems I have not come across a player or Xbox that will not read Ritek G04 media. I only burn at 4x but if my burner was an 8x I'd burn at that speed.
    *Rasta

Comment

• ziadost
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

my writer is a LG GSA-4082B 8x DVD+/-R... i have used princo media for around 120 burns at 4x and have had no problems whatsoever... princo media is relatively inexpensive, so i've saved a couple of bucks
      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• FATBOYUK
        • Jul 2004

i use NEC-2500 burner and datawrite V-07 media and burn at 4x and my back up's all 100% ) can i ask what softwere u r using????

Comment

• Phytrax
          Platinum Member
          Platinum Member
          • Jul 2004

I started having a WHOLE lot of problems with XCopy Xpress. It actually COMPLETELY quit working on TWO computers. I use Nero 6 and DVD Shrink now. I have a lot less problems but still tend to have some bad spots on the disk. I burn all of my disks at 4x on a NEC 8x burner and a LITE ON 4x burner.

Comment

• check6
            • Jul 2004

I've gotten consistent results with premium media only; Memorex and TDK. The stack of 50 DVD-Rs I picked up at a computer show
            produces expensive coasters most of the time.

(I use Nero and a Sony Dual layer burner.)

Comment

• FATBOYUK
              • Jul 2004

try downloading dvd decrypt and burn your films from it. also i used xcopy platinum and it is a pile of **** because i wasted 11 disks on it today
              good luck

Comment

• FATBOYUK
                • Jul 2004

sorry forgot to put this in the last post) try burning @ 2x this might help a little

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎