Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmorlow
    • Jul 2004

Can't burn DVD files with Nero

Ok, I don't know why I did this but I sold my Pioneer 105 burner and bought a Lite-on burner that supports dvd+r -r and the dual layer dvd+r and it was faster than my old one. But my last burner, I could back up movies easily. Nero integrated itself with dvd shrink and it was so simple. But now I am using dvd shrink to decrypt and compress the dvds to a folder. Then when I go into Nero to burn them, first I was trying to put the DVD files on the root folder of the DVD. No matter what I did, the burn button was greyed out. Well, after a while, I figured out that I needed to put the files that dvd shrink made into the video_ts folder. When I did that, then the burn button is not greyed out and I can push it. It gets through the initialization part of the burning sequence (organizes the files which it says are already organized), and then nero locks up everytime. I usually have to restart my computer. I've waited about 10 minutes when it was locked up hoping it would unfreeze but it never did. So I end up hitting the reset button. Does anyone know why it keeps on freezing? I've tried the ridata dvd-r discs I already own plus the sample dvd-r disc that came with the writer and both have the same locking up results.
    Or does someone know of an all-in-one dvd copying software that is just easier for copying dvd movies? I guess that would work too.
    And just incase someone thinks of this, I tried to burn an ordianry cd-r and it burned just fine. Didn't lock up and it worked great. So it is something to do with burning DVD-Rs only.
  • Mig$y
    Retired
    • Jan 2004

I would begin by updating your version of Nero http://www.nero.com/en/nero-up.php
    and updating your firmware.

Comment

• dmorlow
      • Jul 2004

Ok, I applied all of the updates with the link above and earlier, when I was talking to tech support, I applied the latest firmware and it is still doing the same exact thing. It locks up everytime when I try to burn to a DVD. I also figured out, since my last post, that it locks up when burning to a DVD no matter what the content is. I tried to burn a text file to a DVD disc and it locked up just the same as when trying to burn video. And it always locks up at the "checking disc" step of burning.

Comment

• dmorlow
        • Jul 2004

And to kind of clarify what I mean by "locking up", the whole computer isn't frozen. Only Nero and my start button (as well as the rest of the taskbar) are frozen. And when I open other things, such as Control Panel or other programs, they seem to freeze up immediately after opening it until I restart the computer. And usually I have to hard reset it. Ctrl + Alt + Del and then hitting shutdown doesn't work. But I can still move my mouse around and click on icons on my desktop.

Comment

• lgha
          Digital Video Technician
          Digital Video Technician
          • Mar 2004

If Nero came with your old burner then it is most likely OEM which means it will only work with that burner. If that is the case then you will have to purchase Nero.

Comment

• dmorlow
            • Jul 2004

I uninstalled the nero that came with my old burner and installed the one that came with the new one.

Comment

Working...