X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeszut
    • Jan 2004

SWF to MPG

Does anyone know of a free program to convert SWF files to MPG. I have just a handful of shockwave videos that I'd like to convert and burn as VCDs.

Thanks in advance,

Terry
    Gateway GT5034. 2.2GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 4200+. 2.0GB Dual Channel PC-3200 DDR RAM. 320GB 7,200RPM Ultra ATA Hard Drive. 16x DVD-ROM Drive. 4x Double Layer DVD+R; 16x8x16 DVD+R; 16x6x16 DVD-RW; 40x24x40 CD-RW Drive. Radeon X1300 256MB PCI-E x16 Video Card. SoundBlaster Pro Compatible Audio Chipset. ATI Theater 550 Pro TV Tuner (with 3D Comb). 9-in-1 Digital Media Reader. PCI 56K V.92 Fax/Modem Card. Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005.
  • zeszut
    • Jan 2004

An update here …

After much searching, I’ve come to agree with the consensus that there is no FREE software that will convert SWF files to MPG.

I’ve found and tried out two (demo) programs to work around this and do what I want:

1) FLASH-ON-TV: This converted and directly burned SWF files to VCD or DVD. While the output is fine, it seems a waste to have just one file on one disk.

2) SWF-2-AVI: This created AVI files for me. Burning them (using NERO) to DVD (or VCD) was fine – sound included.

So, it looks like I might plunk down the $26 to buy SWF2AVI unless …

Does anyone have any other favorite FREE program(s) that they use to convert SWF to AVI that I could download and try?
    Gateway GT5034. 2.2GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 4200+. 2.0GB Dual Channel PC-3200 DDR RAM. 320GB 7,200RPM Ultra ATA Hard Drive. 16x DVD-ROM Drive. 4x Double Layer DVD+R; 16x8x16 DVD+R; 16x6x16 DVD-RW; 40x24x40 CD-RW Drive. Radeon X1300 256MB PCI-E x16 Video Card. SoundBlaster Pro Compatible Audio Chipset. ATI Theater 550 Pro TV Tuner (with 3D Comb). 9-in-1 Digital Media Reader. PCI 56K V.92 Fax/Modem Card. Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005.

Comment

• megamachine
      Video Fiddler
      • Mar 2003

I recall using a command line freeware that did this, but the name escapes me.

Comment

• megamachine
        Video Fiddler
        • Mar 2003

Never mind, found it, but it`s the other way around! MPG2SWF. It worked well.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

Try Camtasia...

Comment

• zeszut
            • Jan 2004

Thanks for the suggestion, setarip. But, at $299 Camtasia is a bit out of my price range. Do you use it? Is it worth the price?

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

There is a fully functional FREE version of Camtasia available. Perform a simple Google search...

Comment

• Zigi
                • May 2005

Here is another piece of software: SWF To Video Scout at http://www.bytescout.com/swftovideoscout.html

This tool can convert SWF to AVI with sound.

Freeware SWF2AVI from http://www.pizzinini.net/ seems to be great tool but it seems that site is not working anymore

Comment

• chiop
                  • May 2009

swf to mpg? I use iwisoft swf to mpeg converter. works excellent.

Comment

• daian
                    • Oct 2009

hello, chiop, after google serching and trial converting,I totally agree with you.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎