X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Corn Dog
    • Jul 2004

A wonderful site with lots of great information

Hi,

I hope that I have posted this in the correct location. Forgive me if I have not, for this is my first post.

I wanted to thank all of those individuals who have contributed to this great site. It has a world of information and many great how-to guides.

I have been lurking on the site for about a month. I have been reading everything I could, trying to gain a better understanding of how to backup a DVD. I wanted to do this, because we have tons of kids movies, that are transfered from house to auto when we travel with the kids. I thought it might be a good idea to backup the originals, and have a copy for the auto.

This past week I apprehensively purchased an NEC 2510A burner (got 5 free DVD-Rs with it) from NewEgg.com. I have a Pentium 4, 2.40 GHz CPU, 512 mb RAM.

I installed the DVD burner, downloaded and installed DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. I already owned Nero 6. I then printed the "DVD Shrink Guide", which I had already reveiwed online several times. During this entire process I was telling myself not to get bent, if it didn't work the first time. I had no confidence in my ability to setup everything correctly.

It was now time for the fat lady to sing! I followed the instructions in the guide as described. Less than an hour later I had a perfect backup of the original!
    I was totally amazed at how easy the process was.

I wanted to post this in hopes that it would help others who are apprehensive to take the plunge.

Again, I would like to thank one-and-all for the information contained within this site.

Kind Regards
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

I'm very glad to hear that your enthusiasm and dedication paid off! Hopefully the information contained within these forums will help other posters (and lurkers) achieve similar results with regards to the vast potential of digital video.

Comment

• johne88
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Jul 2004

I must say....lots of info...love this site...I am soo glad I found it...

Comment

Working...