Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help! mov files in tmpg crash and crash and..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gonner
    • Aug 2004

help! mov files in tmpg crash and crash and..

I bought this cool systemax system (I thought) with 120 hd and 512 memory and HT and then some, just to be able to help with the encoding of the instructional (course in miracles) videos we make (just to make sure you know I'm not into anything indecent), but that's exactly the thing it don't want to do! Over and over it freezes, no matter what we tried:
    -change priorities in plugins
    -export/import from AvidXpress changes
    -with/without batch
    -re installed tmpg, Quicktime
    and what not.
    I'm sure it's just a dumm little thing but how to find out? The fact is that the original dv files work fine on any other computer with the same software: AvidXpress capture from dv, export to AvidQuickref, and imported from there into TmpgPlus through tmpgtemplate.
    I tried GSpot:not for QT, and the other test(name forgotten) which crashed (duhh).
    I didn't find similar problem on any forum or website; anybody have a suggestion?

• setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"The fact is that the original dv files work fine on any other computer with the same software"

Seems pretty clear then, that your problem lies with this particular computer...
    Last edited by setarip; 3 Aug 2004, 04:18 AM.

Comment

• gonner
      • Aug 2004

Thanks for your help Setarip. I was afraid so too We are going to try it with Adobe (capture), see if that works. But besides that, do you have any suggestions what might be done with the system? Videocard? Or? Or? Or?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Thanks for your help Setarip."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎