Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NBAJ2K
    • Jan 2003

AVIs and MPEG to DVD Question

Ok I have a bunch of AVIs and MPEG files that I want to be able to put on a DVD with a menu screen and everything so they can be selected.

I got the program DVDLab like was mentioned before to be able to do this.

Now do i first have to convert the AVIs to MPEG before using DVDLab?

With the MPEG files they all say wrong file frequency and that I have to transcode it to 48kHz which I do afterwords i would assume thats fine.

It does say on some though that the file is an MPEG-1file and that DVD was designed to use MPEG2 files is there a way to get this changed?

I thought that I would convert the AVIs in TMPEG but at the first screen to convert it to DVD it asks what CBR or VBR rate to convert them too. I'm trying to fit like around 14 1/2 hour clips (some are avi some mpg) to hopefully one dvd (dvdshrink) or 2 if i really have to. I don't want to lose quality so they aren't viewable though. The TMPEG program in the end asks what bitrate and it seems like whatever i pick its going to be over a gb, again this is only a half hour file. I just did it and its like a gb big. Again they are all half hour files some mpg (possibly mpg1) with a few AVIs, i just want to be able to have a title screen and pick which one to show.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,

~J
    Last edited by NBAJ2K; 4 Aug 2004, 07:39 AM.
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

Follow this procedure:

1. Convert the AVI/mpeg file(s) to a DVD compliant mpeg-2 file(s) using "TMPGEnc" or "TMPGEnc Plus". Use the DVD template (NTSC or PAL) form the “Project Wizard” to help you accomplish the task.

2. Then use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (different than "TMPGEnc") to author the newly created mpeg-2 into a DVD-related file structure. (.IFO, .BUP, .VOB). As an alternative, you can use "DVDLab" to author as well.

3. If the combined filesize of the project exceeds 4.37 Gig, use "DVD Shrink" or similar transcoding program to compress.

4. Use "Nero" or similar burning program to burn onto a DVD (r, rw) disk.

Comment

Working...