X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skywalker
    • Aug 2004

Image stretched on DVD Player

Hi all,
    i converted a DivX to DVD and it's all allright but when i play the DVD in the DVD player (on living room, connected to a 4:3 TV) i have this image:

Click Here

If i play the same DVD in the PC (with WMP, PowerDVD...) the image is OK.

Why is this happening?

- I changed the Video Setup on DVD Player from 4:3 Pan&Scan to 4:3 Letterbox and to 16:9 but none solved it.

- I'm converting with CCE and used many aspect ratio's (4:3; 16:9 borders added; 16:9 Anamorphic) and nothing has changed.

Is there any Avysinth command to resolve this on Framserver (CCE)?

- The DivX has 1.37GB (joined 2 Avi's) and GSpot software show that DivX has an aspect ratio of 640x368 (1.74:1) [=40:23].

Thanks

PS: I'm trying this with a DVD-RW media from Emtec.
  • skywalker
    • Aug 2004

Thanks ChickenMan i did it all and it remains the same.

Now i used an Original DVD (Back to the Future ) and have the same issues: the image is cut at lateral edges. I conclude it's a DVD Player problem and not a conversion problem.

Now a Zoom trick:
    - if zoom is at default i have the image below (the same). I have black bars at top and bottom (normal).
    Zoom Default

- if zoom is at 1/2 i see all image.
    Zoom 1/2

I think it's a problem with the DVD Player.... it's a crap from Daytek that cost 35€ (+/- $35USD).
    Maybe i'm gonna change to another DVD PLAYER.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

Sounds like the original DivX-compressed .AVI was a wide angle movie with the "black bars" cropped off (in order to reduce filesize)

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎