Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomane
    • Aug 2004

lost the subtitles after authoring a dvd

Is there any dvd author software, mainly to cut unwanted scenes and to create a menu, that can do 2 things:
    1) load a home made dvd (vobs),
    2) work with subtitles?

I will explain why.
    I live in Portugal, the system is PAL.
    Using my digital videocamera and a cable firewire, I copied a 28-minute film directly to a DVDRW+, using a Philips table dvd videorecorder.
    It worked OK.
    I can see the movie in my table dvd player and in the pc, and it has 1 title and 18 chapters.

THE IMPORTANT thing is that the TIME AND DATE, wich was recorded on the tape, was copied into the movie.
    So when I watch the dvd, I can see the time and date of the recording by selecting display SUBTITLES on or off.

To author the dvd, I needed a software that can import vobs.
    Mainly, what I wanted and what I did was to cut unwanted scenes and created a menu with a motion video and sound.

The problem is that after I author the dvd, I LOST the SUBTITLES, wich means I lost the time and date of the recordings.

I first used TMPEnc DVD Author 1.5, but lost the subtitles. Then I used Nero Vision Express 2, and also lost the subtitles. And I tried Ulead Dvd Movie Factory 3, but has no option for subtitles.

Tank You.
    Tom
    Last edited by tomane; 21 Aug 2004, 01:08 PM.
  • guada
    • Jun 2004

I think that you can make simpler:

- TMPGEnc plus for the encoding;
    - Subtitle Workshop for the creation of the subtitles;
    - DVD Subtiltle Tools useful to convert the files created with Subtitle Workshop in an usable format by IfoEdit;
    - IfoEdit for the creation of the DVD;
    - and finally Nero for the burning.

Comment

Working...