Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • INCOGNITO_21
    • Aug 2004

DVD's won't play in PC or in DVD ... buring with DVD Shrink 3.1 and Nero

I am having a problem buring certain DVD's ........ I am using DVD Shrink 3.1 enabled with Nero ........ Also using Platinum Series DVD-R purchased from Microcenter ........

DVD Shrink acts as if it is shrinking and buring my DVD movie, but when I place it in my DVD, just says "DISC LOADING" and won't start ...... The DVD looks as if only a small amount of data has been saved to it ......

I have been able to make about 10 DVD's just fine using the same media and programs ..... but have made about 20 coasters .....

I have noticed that the problem usually occurs with DVD's that have the R.C.E. protection msg ...... So I tried using DVD Decrypter first, but that doesn't help ..... still burning "blank" DVD's .....

PLEASE HELP
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

Make sure to use DVD Decrypter in "File" mode. (Select ALL the files not just the MOVIE files). Then use "Open Files" in DVD Shrink and navigate to the folder where you saved the ripped DVD. Also, you might try and disable the "Enable Burning with Nero" and burn "Independently" with Nero.

Comment

• INCOGNITO_21
      • Aug 2004

I have tried all of these steps ...... I found several tutorials on DVD Shrink, Nero and Decrypter ...... followed all instructions, but still having a problem with certain DVD's

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"still having a problem with certain DVD's"

Then most likely it is a media problem. Try a different "Brand/Type" of media.

Comment

• Floppy

Also dont enable burn with nero on DVD shrink 3.1 there is a bug.

ahh. Just for the hell of it if you use +R dvd media this may be a cause for compatiblity -R allways hit the mark and work on just about anything.

There could be issues with you aspi layer.

let us know.

Comment

Working...