Nero 6 ultra + Powerpack Q&A's

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Floppy

Nero 6 ultra + Powerpack Q&A's

If you have questions related to Nero 6 + Powerpack, Please post your questions here and I will try and help.

I would appreciate anyone that has any views or has experienced problems and resolved them with or without help to lend a helping hand. Will anyone answer my plee in the name of the Digital-Digest forum family

This will go a long way since I'm just a little knowlegeable about certain aspects of the thread tittle

Thanking everyone in advance for their contribution/help to this post/thread.

Thank you everyone
    Last edited by Guest; 7 Sep 2004, 12:22 AM.
  • vdawg14
    • May 2004

do you have any problems using nero 6 to burn dvds with dvd shrink? I use them and can't get my burned dvd to play on my regular dvd rom.

Comment

• Floppy

No but there are several angles you may consider.

I always used Nero to burn the files created by DVD Shrink. with 100% sucsess. (I started with nero 5.5.0.56 and now I have nero 6 ultra w/ powerpacK latest version) I use Ritek G04 -R x4.

I would recommend you update both programs to the latest versions.

DVD Shrink should be unistalled B4 update.

I had failures however when there were cases of bad disks or + media involved. Brand can also be an issue.

Which do you use +/- which brand(s)? And how many failures have you had?
      Last edited by Guest; 3 Sep 2004, 03:32 AM.

Comment

• vdawg14
        • May 2004

Thanks alot for the suggestions. I figured it out from another section. I had to upgrade the firmware on my burner and dvd rom.

Comment

• guilhas
          • Mar 2004

The same for me

I always used Nero to burn the files created by DVD Shrink. with 100% sucsess. (I started with nero 5.5.0.56 and now I have nero 6 ultra w/ powerpacK latest version) I use Ritek G04 -R x4.
          in addiction: Using now RITEK/RIDATA G05

Comment

• guilhas
            • Mar 2004

here goes mine:

sometimes i left the burning window of Nero minimized while burning a CD or DVD. The burning process failure to End by not showing the messageBox with the message 'Burning Process Complete Sucesfully at 4x'. But in win task bar it shows 100%, so i can eject the CD or DVD from the driver but the program (NERO) freezes, once frezzes WinXP.
            This happens on any of the three drivers for recording i have (2 DVDRW and 1 CDRW)
            Didn't notice on NeroImageDrives

any ideas ?

Using Nero 6 Ultra latest update under Win XP SP1.
            ASUS 4824A CDRW
            LG 4120 and LG 4081

Thanks!

Comment

• Floppy

Hi there Guilhas.

Well I would suggest that you use the Nero uninstall tool and reg cleaner. If you had any other recording software istalled this may have cause a driver conflict.

Make a note of your serial number B4 you unistall it though.

Go here for these tools:

After you make a note of the Serial number run the clean tools and reboot.

Reeinstall Nero 6 and apply all the updates from here:

Get package 1/2 minimum

CRW-4824A IDE/ATAPI 48x24x48 supported since 5.5.9.19

Your LG drives Versions no info on them as to support by Nero 6

Por favor tentar esse Fix e volte aqui para me informar do resultado
              Last edited by Guest; 7 Sep 2004, 12:57 AM.

Comment

• mg3
                • Sep 2004

i'm having serious nero problems now since i updated to the lastest nero.now when i try to backup my home vidieos i get an scsi abort command. i updated to the lastest firmware for my lite on 851sx. i'm using maxell brand (-) dvds and had like 4 failures.have one(+) but dont wanna try that yet if theres something i can d to fix it.(just been using dvd4free) this set up works great (over 30 no xcoasters)untill recently.

Comment

• MINIMOKE
                  • Sep 2004

Hi Fil,

I posted a Nero related question on 09-01-2004. Lots of people have read it (probably you included), but nobody's replied.

In your experience do you think I actually have a problem with Nero, or is it more likely to be my PC or my DVD drive?

Is there anything I can do to eliminate one or two of the unknowns? BTW I sucessfully burned a CD with Nero 6 and the the same drive last night (no problems). Does this tell you anything?

Is there anything else I should be checking.

Thanks in advance,

Dave.

Comment

• Floppy

To mg3.

Do you mean Updated Nero 6 to the latest 6.3.1.20 version or do you mean Upgraded from Nero 5.5 to Nero 6?

All ATAPI devices (including optical drives) tunnel SCSI commands through the ATA interface. This is why you are getting a SCSI sense error on an IDE drive.

Follow the link below it may help even if I cant.

Comment

• Floppy

To MINIMOKE.

I read your post here just now for the first time, simply because I dont always have the free time to read every post and try and help if I think I can contribute something.

I do this on my spare time (like everyone else). Me like others have been in a few tight spots that somehow with or without help got out of I'm sure I'm not alone this is my way of saying thank's to the people that have extended the courtesy and their knowledge in aid of others

If someone as not replied straight away you must realize those facts.

About your problem I have to ask you the nature of the firmware update that you applied to your drive.

Was it:

1)Official Firmware (you got this at the website for the drives manufacturer in their support page).

2)It was a patched firmware you downloaded from a firmware website such as i.e http://forum.rpc1.org/portal.php

Comment

• mg3
                        • Sep 2004

to the new 6.3.1.20, when i was using nero 6.3.1.17. never had the scsi command aborted.

Comment

• Floppy

Hi there Mg3

Try downloading this wnaspi32.dll to the c:/program files/Ahead/Nero and overwrite the existing wnaspi32.dll

Get it here.

Then if you have a RW disk +/- try a burn and tell me if it does the same ASAP.
                          Last edited by Guest; 5 Sep 2004, 05:56 AM.

Comment

• MINIMOKE
                            • Sep 2004

Hi FIL,

Apologies if I sounded rude or impatient, I didn't mean to be either and I appreciate that we are all here to help each other.

I posted my question on this thread and refered to my original post so that I wouldn't be seen as doubling up.

Anyway, thanks for getting back to me....much apreciated...these forums are great and have got me out of poo on lots of occasions.

In answer to your question, I got the firmware upgrade from the LG site. My drive was supplied with firmware version A100. There was then a published upgrade to A101 which I hadn't used and then most recently A104 which is the one I installed.

The firmware upgrade went fine...no error messages... and the PC and W2K recognised the drive. I can play and write to CDs, I can't (use Nero to) burn DVDs. I haven't tried to play DVDs (I use PowerDVD for that). PowerDVD remains on my PC..do you think that may be causing problems.

I'm wondering that if I can burn CDs does that mean the laser is OK, or is there another laser for DVD burning?

I have since contacted LG and described my problem. With no further questions they have told me to bring the unit back to the shop I bought it for replacement. Perhaps this is a known issue with these drives. I tell you how I go, if, or when, I get this replacement.

Dave

Comment

• Floppy

Hi again MINIMOKE

I just remembered that your drive may have gone into PIO mode during the update and not changed back to DMA.

Wanna check this out for me?

If it is in PIO change it to DMA and give it a wirl on a RW DVD.

Let me know
                              Last edited by Guest; 5 Sep 2004, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Working...