Create DVD with some normal AVI's and some DIVX AVI's?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Moozie
    • Sep 2004

Create DVD with some normal AVI's and some DIVX AVI's?

Hello,

I downloaded an old tv series and the download contained 22 avi's:

- 19 avi's will play in windows media player
    - 3 avi's media player tries to download some codecs but does not succeed. They do play in my divx player.

I have an old version of media player. I use Ulead Movie Factory 3 to burn real dvd's of those 22 avi's. I can put 4 avi's on 1 DVD. It will play as real dvd with menu's and stuff. In Ulead Movie Factory 3 I can add video files, but (as in media player) I do not get audio.

Question 1:
    Can it be done? Can a software program as Ulead Movie Factory 3 create a dvd with 3 'real' avi's and 1 Divx avi?

Question 2:
    Or do the codecs also apply to Ulead and will he read the audio when I have the correct codec installed?

Question 3:
    If so, I guess I have the right codecs installed because it plays in my divx player (version 2.5.4). Am I right?

Question 4:
    And where can I see which codec I have?

Please your advice, I am really new in divx.

Thanks a lot!
  • zx50
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Aug 2003

Question 1, you can put 4 avi's on 1 DVD. How bloody big are they??? secondly have you run the avi's through gspot to see if they are alright.

gspot
    Computer Fanatic

Comment

• Moozie
      • Sep 2004

>> Question 1, you can put 4 avi's on 1 DVD. How bloody big are they???

The avi's are 220 MB each. When I put them into Ulead Movie Factory it seems that he enlarge them to 900-950 MB each. So 4 x 900 MB = 3600. So no place for the 5th one. When I watch the dvd I see that quality is not 100% but it's OK for me. It are episodes of an old tv series. Each episode is 45 minutes. So 4 x 45 minutes is about 3 hourson 1 dvd.

>>Secondly have you run the avi's through gspot to see if they are alright.

OK thanks for the tip. It seems that the divx version does play in the newest Windows Media Player. But when I load the avi into Ulead Movie Factory 3 (Disc Creator) it has no audio.

Gspot says this about the audio of that particular avi (divx):
      "divx (same as wma) (0x0161) DivX Networks"

How can I get the audio to work in Ulead Movie Factory 3, so that it can create a dvd with audio?

Any suggestions please.

Comment

Working...