X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rempmeister
    • Sep 2004

HP Movie Writer dc3000

Hi,
    Does anyone know of a way around the HP Movie Writer dc3000 copyguard protection? My father gave me his collection of over 300 VHS movies, many of which I would like to preserve for my kids. Space is an issue with the tapes and converting them all to DVD would cut the space requirements by more than 2/3rds.

So far I have converted 30 tapes with great results but I believe that I am running into that pesky Macrovision copyguard on some of them (mostly the newer ones) and even a really old copy of "The Hisory of the World Part I" had some kind of copyguard on it.

1) Is there a way to disable the Movie Writer's copyguard feature (a window pops up stating that the tape being recorded is copyrighted and recording will not continue).

2) If there is, will the recording turn out clean?

Or is the copyguard something that has to be taken out before it even gets to the DVD wrter (ie. converter)?

Thanks...Rempmeister
  • dixi
    • Dec 2004

Hi there,
    Try to look at the file 'hp quickdvd.ini' in c:\Program files\ArcSoft\Showbiz 2 ?
    Just set the ProtectOn to 0.
    It worked for me.

Comment

• mercury863
      • Sep 2006

Hi
      I'm new to this site but I am in need of a good vhs to dvd setup. One that copies clear and almost perfect duplication. I see you have a setup which involves a hp dc3000 writer. Can you tell me how it works and do you get good copies. I have old and rare vhs movies that I would like to convert to dvd and from what I read you may be able to help me.

Thank you very much

Pete

Comment

• RFBurns
        To Infinity And Byond
        • May 2006

The Sima unit will effectively remove Macrovision.

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

• dixi
          • Dec 2004

Originally Posted by mercury863
          Hi
          I'm new to this site but I am in need of a good vhs to dvd setup. One that copies clear and almost perfect duplication. I see you have a setup which involves a hp dc3000 writer. Can you tell me how it works and do you get good copies. I have old and rare vhs movies that I would like to convert to dvd and from what I read you may be able to help me.

Thank you very much

Pete
          Hi Pete,
          Sorry for the late reply.
          My experience with the HP DC3000 Writer is that the copies are absolutely identical to the tape; if there is a scratch on the tape, it is also on the DVD. I am very satisfied with it, especially after I found out how to go around the copy protection.

Kind regards
          Jan

Comment

Working...