X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kuneo
    • Jan 2004

Nero-Copy Disc or Data Disc issues

Hi Gang;

If I use "Create Data Disc" with Nero my copies will only play on certain DVD player's,and not others.

If I use the "Copy Disc" part of Nero-the copies will play on DVD players that data disc's will not.

Here's the problem- I prefer to use the "Copy Disc" program,but after a couple of perfect copies-the program will not continue,and error "failed to burn" messages start.

It has nothing to do with my blanks or my computer-The issue rests only within the confines of the Nero program.

Anybody know why the "Create Copy" funtion is "buggy" ?

As I said for greater compatability the "Copy Disc" function is preferred,but I usually am stuck using "Data Disc" due to faiure's in the other program.

Regards
    K
  • Floppy

Hi there kuneo

The whole lot is buggy, no matter which part, specialy now with the intrduction of XP SP2.

The Nero gang say that they fixed Nero and SP2 issues but even though this may be in part true it's not by far the reality.

I'm afraid that this is not been yet resolved but I ear that a new release is impending the 6.3.1.23 is not released yet but I dont know if it is going to be final or just a RC so to speak.

ftp://ftp.nero.com/ this is a 30MB download I still use the 6.3.1.20 and will wait for the official release if at all on that version.

Good things
    Last edited by Guest; 20 Sep 2004, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• kuneo
      • Jan 2004

Thanks Fil;

Pretty much what I figured.

All in all I am extremely satisfied with Nero and Shrink for what it allows us to do

I have been able to backup without fear of Coaster's for months now that my system is "dialed in"

I'm only nitpicking the one minor problem area of copying a backup that the industry doesn't want us doing in the first place.

I do not make any money doing this-just as a Home Theater Nut collecting movies has always been a hobby of mine-along with good systems to watch (HD) and listen (DD/DTS).

Regards
      K

Comment

• Floppy

Hi there kuneo

I was a little faster than AHEAD release of the update for NERO which turns out to be 6.3.1.25 (not surprised at all).

about anything else mentioned I have only one thing to say.

Forum rules, not open to discussion, wrong and not really in that order.

I bid U sayonara

Comment

Working...