Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maddog
    • Nov 2001

How do I burn a dual layer disc?

I have made an iso-image using DVD-shrink. It is 7.93 GB and I would like to burn it on a Dual Layer Disc.

The disc is Verbatim 8.5 GB DL.

The burner is NEC ND-3500AG.

I have tried to burn it two times:

1. With Veritas RecordNow DX. The job completed with errors and the disc ended as a coaster.

2. With DVD Decrypter. The job completed successfully but it wont play on my stand alone DVD-player (Philips 755).

Any idea about how I should burn it? I really don't want another very expensive coaster...
  • lgha
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Mar 2004

"...The job completed successfully but it wont play on my stand alone DVD-player (Philips 755)."

Does this disc play on your PC?

Comment

• maddog
      • Nov 2001

No, it doesn't play on the PC either. Windows say it can't recognize the disc format.

Comment

• lgha
        Digital Video Technician
        Digital Video Technician
        • Mar 2004

Most of the D/L burners I've been looking at come with Nero. The new version is designed to work with D/L disc. Download the free demo and give that a try. Remember not to use the PC while the disc is working and I would not burn faster than 2x (or less).

Comment

• cynthia
          Super Moderatress
          • Jan 2004

Make sure you have the latest version of firmware (2.16) installed. Your DVDDecrypter version is it the latest 3.5.1.0?

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎