X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alfienoalkes
    • Sep 2004

Problems after Burning 4x

Hello,
    Sorry this isnt a huge problem as you will find if you read on but I was wondering if anyone has any Idea why this is happening:

I use various Software for burning (Nero/MyDVD/Ulead Vid Studio etc) and have had no problems backing up DVD's and burning Home Movies up until now.

But I now cant buy my usual discs anymore 2x Datawrite Yellow Classic so had to buy the new 4x Datawrite Yellowtops

My Optorite DD0203 burner should be able to burn 4x speed so I thought there should be no problem.

But for some reason whatever burning software I use will happily burn the DVD with no error readings, the disc is ejected when the burning is over and everything seems great, and looking at the disc you can see something has been burnt ,

But it wont play in the PC or My DVD Player (Yukon) if fact the Message on the player says 'Disc not Known' Now I have tried Burning at 2x and it works fine

You see I told you it wasnt a huge problem but can anyone tell me why I cant burn at 4x ?
    My Burner is set as Master and the DMA is enabled and computer is P4

Cheers
    Alfie
    Last edited by Alfienoalkes; 23 Sep 2004, 01:14 AM.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"Now I have tried Burning at 2x and it works fine"

And, therefore, you've resolved your problem...

Comment

• Alfienoalkes
      • Sep 2004

Hi there,
      I said it wasnt really a huge problem, but my Burner is meant to burn 4x but if I try to burn at any speed greater than 2x my DVD player and the burning drive itself wont recognise the disc,
      and was wondering if anyone knew how I could get by Burner working at full speed ?

Cheers
      Alfie
      Last edited by Alfienoalkes; 25 Sep 2004, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Working...