X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • si6791
    • Sep 2004

1st time DVD burner

Hi guys 'n' gals, please help!!

I converted a film from avi to dvd using Mainconcept. This worked fine.
    When I try to burn the film using Nero Xpress (Nero 6), I am asked to add .ifo, .vob, .bup files to the VIDEO_TS folder.
    This sounds right but Mainconcept converted the film to mpeg which connot be added to the folder.

Does this have something to do with the streaming type in Mainconcept (it was set to "program (video+audio)"?

Does the mpeg need further converting?

If anyone knows any links that will give me step by step guide, that would also be helpful.

)
  • Floppy

Hello

In one word yes. Nero too as the answer but since there is a doubt in my mind about the origin of this file I just cant release that information.

If you say where you got it from, It may help or not...

Forum rules

Comment

• ormonde
      Digital Video Explorer
      • Dec 2003

"Does the mpeg need further converting?"

Try following this procedure:

1. Convert the AVI (DivX or Xvid)/mpeg file(s) to a DVD compliant mpeg-2 file(s) using "TMPGEnc" or "TMPGEnc Plus". Use the DVD template (NTSC or PAL) form the "Project Wizard" to help you accomplish the task. If you have an mpeg file that is already DVD-compliant, then skip directly to step 2.

2. Then use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (different than "TMPGEnc") to author the newly created mpeg-2 into a DVD-related file structure (.IFO, .BUP, .VOB). As an alternative, you can use "DVDLab" to author as well.

3. If the combined filesize of the project exceeds 4.37 Gig, use "DVD Shrink" or similar transcoding program to compress.

4. Use "Nero" or similar burning program to burn onto a DVD (r, rw) disk.

Comment

• si6791
        • Sep 2004

Thanks for your help....

"If you say where you got it from, It may help or not..."

It is a 15 minute film my sis made for school but wants a copy for home.

I will try the Nero solution (if you tell me it Fil) and ormondes' method and see which one I prefer to use (ease of use, time it takes and quality).

One thing though..... where can I get TMPGEnc DVD Author from (non trial).

Comment

• ormonde
          Digital Video Explorer
          • Dec 2003

"where can I get TMPGEnc DVD Author from (non trial)."

TMPGEnc,DVD Author,tmpg,mpg,mpeg,encoder,TMPG,tmpgenc,Pegasys,TSUNAMI,authoring,digital,video,DVD-Video,AVI,converter,convert,movie,movies

Comment

• Floppy

Hello guys

Ok I had to check to make sure we here at the Digital-Digest Forums are not endorsing/encouraging people who use DVD Shrink and other programs as well as our advice to break the forums Rules under false pretenses.

That out of the way is to use (my most used tool for this mean) Nerovision Express 2.
            Just import the files and follow the white rabbit:

Download this file first http://www.nero.com/en/26410.html

The How to here :

ftp://ftp6.nero.com/Support_doc/PDF-...cDVD-Movie.zip

This will convert your files to the Video_ts.ifo/.bup you can create a menu the whole 9 yards in a few steps it is all done for you.

Comment

• si6791
              • Sep 2004

"Download this file first http://www.nero.com/en/26410.html"

When I tried to install this patch, I am told it works with 98/ME and 2000 only, not XP.
              Do you know another patch?

Comment

• Floppy

Hello

??? I had no idea... It did the same to me.

I will send an email to Ahead asking about this the only gdi patch is in that link I posted.

As the Nerovison Express 2 worked for you for the conversion to DVD?

Comment

• si6791
                  • Sep 2004

I have Nero Express 6.....is that different to Nerovision Express?

Comment

• Floppy

Hello

Yes it is

Within Nero 6 there are different programs.

Goto>>Start Menu>>Nero>>NeroVision Express2>>(In this folder you should have the following:

Nero Cover Designer
                    Nero Recode
                    Nero Showtime
                    NeroVision Express

If you have a OEM copy it may vary in the general contents of the Nero 6 ultra.

I have a full retail version...

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎