X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

New Site Launch: dvdloc8.com - locate, compare, collect

For the past 4 months, I have been involved in the creation of a new website from an idea that I had a while ago. Today is the official launch of this website, which is named dvdloc8.com (also accessible on dvdlocate.com).

dvdloc8.com aims to become the Internet's biggest and most accurate DVD database. Everytime you need to find a piece of information about a DVD, such as which subtitle languages it has, or what kind of extra features it includes, dvdloc8.com aims to be the best place for you. We intend to achieve this aim with your help - our user submission system rewards you for writing reviews, submitting ratings for DVD and helping us keep our database up to date.

The second aim of dvdloc8.com is to provide a single place where you can find DVD related resources, such as price comparision, easter eggs, clips, trailers, reviews and more.

The third, but by no means final, aim of dvdloc8.com is to provide an online location where you can keep track of your DVD collection and wish list. You can utilise our vast DVD database to ensure you collection is up to date and contains the most accurate information, without having to type in information yourself or to download DVD covers for your collection.

And it's all free!!

dvdloc8.com doesn't discriminate against people from outside of the US either. At present, our database features a good collection of Region 2 (UK) and Region 4 (Australia) DVDs, and it is setup to be able to accommondate DVDs from all over the world.

dvdloc8.com is by no means a finished product, but I hope with your help, it can become an useful place for DVD lovers.

So what are you waiting for? Please come over and have a look today.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • de Witte
    DVD & Pink Floyd Fan
    • Jul 2004

GREAT GREATEST,..........

I've search the net for something like that. I'm searching for The DVD titles of the PIXAR short movies. Now i can find them.

maybe in advanced search >> Extras Type. also a box for short movie?
    Klaas

P4 2.4GHz FSB533, 256MB mem, HD 80Gb ,RICOH MP5240 (DVD+),Win98se

Comment

• TRI0N
      Digital Video Technician
      Digital Video Technician
      • Dec 2004

Will your database be compatible with Movie Collector Pro in the future?

Perhaps contacting the makers of this software will really make alot of people like myself happy to have another source (or Single Source) to obtain information on their DVD collection using this software.
      Cheers!

TRI0N

Comment

• TRI0N
        Digital Video Technician
        Digital Video Technician
        • Dec 2004

Sheesh how rude of me...

Your DVD Database is Top Quality. The best I've ever seen to date. The only thing that I can think of that should be there is the Plot information. Amazon.Com seems to have the best Plot Source information out there. Perhaps you can add the plot information into your database. If you did your site would be the #1 and only source needed to obtain information for users.
        Cheers!

TRI0N

Comment

• DecoBR
          • Mar 2005

Testing

1,2,3, testing...........

Comment

• dstone
            • Mar 2005

hey man wzup? do u know anything about playstation2's

Comment

• ziadost
              Super Moderator
              • Mar 2004

best.site.ever.

all i can think of to improve it (and its just nitpicking) is maybe add the file size in GB and some higher res screenshots/posters
              "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• admin
                Administrator
                • Nov 2001

Thanks ziadost and all the other posters to this thread.

As for the suggestion about uploading screenshots, it's already in the works.

The database itself is still some distance away from being complete, but new titles are being added every day. It's hard, because our database tries to get as much information about the DVD as possible, so while other databases have lots of DVDs and movies, their data may not be complete. For many DVDs, there just isn't any information available online, so it will be up to people who own these DVDs to fill in these missing information.
                Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• dignityy
                  • May 2005

I've been using
                  IMDb is the world's most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content. Find ratings and reviews for the newest movie and TV shows. Get personalized recommendations, and learn where to watch across hundreds of streaming providers.

but I'm willing to try something new.

Comment

• ctzx2
                    • Sep 2005

I wrote a review for Kung Fu Hustle and it showed up 3 times. I hope you can delete the other two. Just wanted to let you know

p.s. Your site is great. Tons of information. I would only recommend maybe letting the people edit and delete there own reviews.

Comment

• titanfan1017
                      • Dec 2005

Great site. I will definitely use it. I would (like the others above) like to see the screenshots when you get them on there. Cool idea though. How can you afford that for free?
                      Big Daddy Dan
                      "Stop thinking politically correct, Start thinking Playstation2, Let's blow some SH%t up!"
                      Vin Deisle

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                        NOT an online superstore
                        • Oct 2005

They do it through ads.

Now, I am making a collection online, and noticed that there are absolutely no Pokémon movies. I am a huge Pokémon fan and own all the DVDs (the movies, not the show ones, though I have a few show DVDs). I would manually submit them but there are eight of them and they take a long time to add, would someone look into this? The PKMN DVDs are a huge part of my collection and would be missing if they aren't on the site.

Thanks, I love the site, and am adding some more now to my collection!
                        CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                        Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
                        My DVD Collection

Comment

• Steve83
                          Bronco Guru
                          • May 2006

There are also no "AC/DC" titles, or at least the search engine doesn't find them; not even as "AC\DC", "AC DC", "ACDC", "AC-DC", or "AC_DC". But "AC/DC - Familiy Jewels" is there, so IDK why it can't be searched as "AC/DC".

A suggestion: when a search fails, it would be easier to continue if it was just a note added to the top of the search page (instead of a message on a new page), so I could search again w/o having to back up.

And in "Advanced Search", it would be nice for the search criteria to persist when I back up, so I don't have to keep selecting "Region 1" every time. In fact, how about making the regions checkboxes instead of a pulldown? So I could check off any combination of regions that I'd accept? Maybe even an "Exclude" checkbox in front of each choice so I could eliminate things from the search results. And possibly move DVDs from my home region to the top of the results list, or at least organize titles by region.

Last one (for now) ...
                          How about adding some way to upload a CSV, DOC, or even XLS of titles in my collection so I could add them faster. I have ~1,000 so it's gonna take a while.
                          Last edited by Steve83; 21 Aug 2006, 05:38 AM.
                          Walk softly and carry a BIG SIX!!!

Comment

• carlocodamus
                            • Oct 2007

hey, interesting!! it makes my collection organized (",)
                            ------------------------------------------------------
                            Multimedia everything!!

Comment

• lorenze30
                              • Aug 2009

Your DVD Database is Top Quality. The best I've ever seen to date. The only thing that I can think of that should be there is the Plot information. Amazon.Com seems to have the best Plot Source information out there. Perhaps you can add the plot information into your database. If you did your site would be the #1 and only source needed to obtain information for users.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎