Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skyler44
    • Oct 2004

DVD Burning

Just found this board and have a few questions for you experts...

I purchased a Pioneer DVD burner that came with Ulead software. DVD Movie Factory 3.5se, Video Studio 8se DVD and Photo Express 8.5se. I have tried all of them to copy my VHS tapes to the harddrive with an ATI video capture card and burn them to a DVD. Had different problems including no sound, they don't fit on a 4.7 gig DVD and now I can't get them to save the image to disk for me to exit if needed before burning to DVD.

Any suggestions as to how I can sucessfully create a DVD to watch on our TV DVD player and make it fit with sound?

Thank you,
    Skyler44
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

Once you are able to successfully capture the VHS footage to your HD, follow this procedure:

1. Convert the AVI (DivX or Xvid)/mpeg file(s) to a DVD compliant mpeg-2 file(s) using "TMPGEnc" or "TMPGEnc Plus". Use the DVD template (NTSC or PAL) form the "Project Wizard" to help you accomplish the task. If you have an mpeg file that is already DVD-compliant, then skip directly to step 2.

2. Then use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (different than "TMPGEnc") to author the newly created mpeg-2 into a DVD-related file structure (.IFO, .BUP, .VOB). As an alternative, you can use "DVDLab" to author as well.

3. If the combined filesize of the project exceeds 4.37 Gig, use "DVD Shrink" or similar transcoding program to compress.

4. Use "Nero" or similar burning program to burn onto a DVD (r, rw) disk.

Comment

• Skyler44
      • Oct 2004

DVD Burning

Thank you for your reply. Have never heard of the software you suggested. Where can I find them?

Thank you,
      Skyler44

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"Where can I find them?"

I suggest that you use your "Trusty" Google search engine and type in separately:

"TMPGEnc"; "DVD Shrink"; "Nero" (with the quotes)

Comment

• Skyler44
          • Oct 2004

Found them

Thank you

Comment

• ormonde
            Digital Video Explorer
            • Dec 2003

"Thank you"

Glad to be of help

Comment