Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very strange issue with .avi files - Need Advice!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • martin100
    • Oct 2004

Very strange issue with .avi files - Need Advice!

Hi there,
    i couldn´t find an answer about this very weird thing.
    Since yesterday (i did some testing with different Avisynth versions), even when i simply mark an avi file, the whole system freezes and after a minute or so there comes an error up that sais error in application "drwtsn32.exe". (I´ve found out that this is a diagnostic tool that saves information about program crashes) After that nothing happens until i manually close the explorer. This does NOT occur with MPG or other files, only with avis.
    I tried reinstalling DivX 5.21 and Xvid codecs, installed the new ffdshow version and the newest Media Player but nothing helped. I also fixed the registry with Tweak XP but it didn´t help either. I run Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 2. I also deinstalled all Avisynth files. Any help on this strange thing is greatly appreciated since i absolutely can´t explain where that came from
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If your O/S is WinXP, simply perform a "System Restore" back to the last time things "behaved properly"...

Comment

• martin100
      • Oct 2004

But i didn´t set a restore point before. Or is it possible somehow else? (i actually never had to do a system resore before...)

Comment

• martin100
        • Oct 2004

No further recomendations? I still couldn´t fix the issue...

Comment

• martin100
          • Oct 2004

OK, i din´t know that Win XP creates Restore points automatically. I restored to a previous date and now the error is gone!

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"now the error is gone!"

It was my pleasure to "lead you to the water trough" - and you figured out how to drink from it ;>}

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎