X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frontman
    • Oct 2004

Files changing size...!?

Ok, heres another little quiz for you.

I downloaded a 699MB movie file. When I went to burn it to VCD the file then showed as actually being 900MB. So no good for a CD obvioulsy. So I went to DVD. I popped in the DVD, set up the project and as I loaded in the .avi file I wanted to burn, it then filled up 4GB of the 4.7GB capacity. So the file size appeard to be changing of its own accord...!?

So whats that all about then? How big actually is the file? Do files need compressing, adapting etc.. before they are burned?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I downloaded a 699MB movie file"

Discussion of anything related to such activities is a violation of the rules of this forum (Particularly, Rule #6)...

Comment

• Frontman
      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by setarip
      "I downloaded a 699MB movie file"

Discussion of anything related to such activities is a violation of the rules of this forum (Particularly, Rule #6)...
      Not you again.

You what??? What the hells wrong with saying I downloaded a movie file?? I happen to be in a band and I had to download from our guitarist's ftp site some footage of us at a gig we did - its my footage, I own it, its not off Kazaa and its perfectly legal. I now want to burn that file to a DVD. Wheres does your problem lie exactly officer?? I dont want advice on the file itself I just want to know if anybody else knows why the file size appears to alter from what it said it was.
      Last edited by Frontman; 26 Oct 2004, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Not you again."

Yup... And on re-reading the new rules, it appear that you've correctly walked the tightrope by referring to a downloaded "movie file", without (initially) mentioning the source. therefore, it would seem that, in this instance, I owe you an apology.

We don't seem to have hit it off too well - but I'm sure things will improve ;>}
        Last edited by setarip; 27 Oct 2004, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• Frontman
          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by setarip
          "Not you again."

Yup... And on re-reading the new rules, it appear that you've correctly walked the tightrope by referring to a downloaded "movie file", without (initially) mentioning the source. therefore, it would seem that, in this instance, I owe you an apology.

We don't seem to have hit it off too well - but I'm sure things will improve ;>}
          Yeah man, nevermind, i'm sure we're both lovely people really!

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎