DVD player wont play VCD (prob w/ player?)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kaduku
    • Oct 2004

DVD player wont play VCD (prob w/ player?)

Hi, I made a VCD using DVD2AVI, TMPenc, and VCDeasy(commercial), and Chapter-X-Tractor. I burned the .cue file in vcd easy, and again in Nero, but either nothing happens (using VCDeasy w/ generic mmc driver) or I get error that says "Playback features may not be available on this disk" (when using VCDeasy with default driver, and Nero Burning rom). All the other drivers simply wont burn, even when I try to force them using overburn. Could it be the dvd player does not play vcds? It accepts cdr/rws and has mp3 playback. It is a Sylvania DVC840E, and it is not on the dvd compatibility site. Is there anything else I can do to get around this? I dont really want to buy another dvd player, but if I have to, any cheap ones that work well?

Thanks
  • Floppy

Too many programs to do a simple job... There can be so many incompatibilities (not to mention bugs) in between them that it is hard for me to know were to begin...

Overburn may cause problem with playback so just switch it off, it is hardly worth to bother with this feature...

If you have Nero with a mpeg 2 pluging just use Nero to do the job... Make sure u have the latest version though...

Find Nero updates for free here

Would u click on the vote link on my signature please, its a multiple option, free, and no strings attached, no information about yourself will be collected or needed....

Comment

Working...