Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purchased Pioneer A08 / comp. rec. as Pioneer 108 ???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FaintReality
    • Oct 2004

Purchased Pioneer A08 / comp. rec. as Pioneer 108 ???

I purchased a Pioneer DVR-A08 burner the other day at best buy (works flawlessly) in which it looks like the A08, has the honey comb top and the sticker on top stamped DVR-A08, but my computer and all my burning software recognizes it as a Pioneer DVR-108? Is this normal, or did I get taken some how?

Thanks, Dave
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

The OEM version of that driver (108) is without the silent 'honeycomb' design. I think you got the right burner - it's just your PC and software that recognizes it as an 108. Don't think it should be any problems for you.

Comment

• FaintReality
      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by cynthia
      The OEM version of that driver (108) is without the silent 'honeycomb' design. I think you got the right burner - it's just your PC and software that recognizes it as an 108. Don't think it should be any problems for you.

I am pretty sure its the a08 also since it has the honey comb top (108 doesn't), it says DVR-A08 on the top of the burner and on the box, and the front (face of burner) looks like the A08, not the 108 cosmetically.

Anyway I can verify this for sure though, to make sure someone didn't swap internals and return it to best buy? I use to work at best buy in the warehouse way back in the day, in which I use to see people return like 128 mb sticks of ram in packaging that specified like 512mb People at the front in the returns department never verified the item being returned was what the receipt and packaging said I also want to make sure this wont affect my $30 rebate and/or my warranty if I were to ever have problems.

Thanks, Dave

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎