Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • navybarker
    • Mar 2004

My dvd copy will not play on my Stand alone

I have made several copies of movies but it only plays on 1 of my 5 dvd player. The copies come out good but will not play or will skip and freeze. I have used DVD decreptor and Nereo Dvd rom.From Nero 6. Not sure why it will not play. Can any one Help?
    does it matter if you use +or- format
    0%
    my burner is both
    0%
  • Floppy

Your poll is very inadequate for your question... I cant see what your trying to achive with that...

First make sure that you standalone player can in fact play the Disks your feeding it....

Most DVD player preferr the -R flavour and Ritek G-04 are the daddys for the job....

Let me know..

Comment

• navybarker
      • Mar 2004

I will double check the models and get back to you .I did have one play which was Apocalypypse Now Redux and some 911 in Plane view .I followed the same steps as i did with the 2 other movies but i they would not play .I do not know if there was somthing wrong in the way they fianalised or what? I have i copy dvds2 and dvdd derip/Shrink/Nero and none seem to work. I dont know if i just need a new program or what. But Shrek2 and Elf did not play as apocalypse Now did whic i used the - on I even switched to the + and it did not make a diff .But i will check the model and go fro there .Just want to make sur i am doing this right be for it get to costly with all these diff program .

Thank you for your help.
      Last edited by navybarker; 24 Nov 2004, 07:05 AM.

Comment

• navybarker
        • Mar 2004

I have checked all my DVD players and they all play -/+ mp3 and the such.colby dvd224
        Jvc xvs500b
        sony s360.
        These are the Models in my home and only the Jvc Plays all of the burt one that i treid like Shrek2/Elf /Peter pan Live.The others do not they say there is no disc or wrong disc.So i an truly stumped as to why i used same brand same programs and nothing.My kids said that Sherk played on there Colby but stopped and would not play any more even after unpulgging for more than an hour .They did tell me it played on another player and then stopped working on that as well when they tried to rewatch it. I even tried to get Peter Pan to play on some one esle dvd rom and it did but it was very choppy . So tell me what to do next i have used memorex 8x/Fuji8x/maxell 4x disc .

Thank you for your help

Comment

• Floppy

I think that you should just use DVD shrink 3.2, Shrek 2 I found that it works better if you back up just the film not the all disk, for this you need to chose re-author the disk in DVD shrink...

The guides to DVD Shrink 3.2

I say this because Shrek 2 has 2 different films that are the same story but finishes diferently (so I hear)
          It may be that so much information compressed from a DVD9 to DVD5 is unreadable....

If you squish a 12GB file or more to a 4.7GB your going to loose a bit of quality and unless you use quality media the freezing and unplayable are not so unusual results...

I always just backup the Film using Re-author mode and therefore I hardly ever find that DVD shrink needs to compress the film... I also use Ritek G-04 Dye media (quite as few brands use this dye)

I hope this helps, if not please just come back and ask...

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎