CRC errors corrupt drive, burning problem fixed!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

Don't know if you have installed the latest drivers for your motherboard (including drivers for IDE-channels). Assuming that your MSI is equipt with Nvidia chipset? If so install the latest NVIDIA nForce4 System Drivers.

Comment

• dgs2001
      • Dec 2004

Im still only a novice but take note of the temperature thing,

I had a duff case fan, and although my system ran with no problems the increased temperature played havoc with some blank media, they were coming out pretty warm, and randomly failing.
      Having replaced the case fan the normally good media are once again performing correctly!

Comment

• charlypuss
        • Nov 2004

And here's the answer to charlypuss - I use DVD Shrink 3.1.3. just as a way to find out quickly is the playback going to run smoothely. I don't do any re-authoring etc. I JUST WANT TO WATCH MOVIES. And my combo LG is freezing every now and then, on almost 80 percent of my DVD collection (wether original or burned).

Now, what do you ALL have to say to THAT??????!!!!!??!!?!?!
        Well as you seem to have done everything apart from repainting the bathroom.... go for the common denominator's... You have 3. You, your machine and your version of Shrink. Try using Shrink 3.2 which is the latest and last version......

It is fairly obvious that you have a very good grasp of the English language. Everyone who has tried to help you in this thread understands your frustration (we have ALL been there). No one knows how computer literate you are, so we all assume when TRYING to help you, that your knowledge is limited. That is why the obvious is always stated, because more often than not that is where the problem lies... So before you post your next reply take a deep breath and be NICE.. it doesn't cost anything, and members are more inclined to help you, as opposed to dismissing you as a waste of space....
        If it ain't afloat .... It's sunk .... If it ain't broke.... leave it alone.... I was once indecisive....Now I'm not sure....

I'm old enough to know better...BUT...too young to give a toss...

Comment

• gogothegreat
          • Dec 2004

Well, girls and guys, I'd like to thank you for everything. I've just upgraded my nForce drivers (suggested by Cynthia) and finally installed Shrink 3.2 and - believe it all not - it DID analyze 95% of all my DVDs.
          Thanks, Charlypuss and please - no hard feelings. I'm really NICE guy and had NO intention to insult anybody.
          Thanks also to you Cynthia. From now on you're my No.1 IT advisor.
          Over and out
          Last edited by gogothegreat; 1 Jan 2005, 01:48 AM.

Comment

• charlypuss
            • Nov 2004

No worries...
            If it ain't afloat .... It's sunk .... If it ain't broke.... leave it alone.... I was once indecisive....Now I'm not sure....

I'm old enough to know better...BUT...too young to give a toss...

Comment

• t13one12
              • Apr 2005

I'm A Newbie

I'm pretty much a newbie at this stuff. I have been using DVDX-Copy with no problems, but I like the idea of using the DVD-Decrypter and DVD-Shrink better because it won't monopolize my computer for long periods of time. Here's my issue. I can't tell is my burner is device 0 or 1. When I look at the properties of the primary IDE channel, device 0 is set to DMA when available and PIO mode. Device 1 is set to DMA when available and Ultra DMA Mode 2. I don't want to mess with any settings because I'm afraid to ruin something. Burning a movie takes about 45 minutes on the rip, and another 30-40 with the encode and burn. This is very disheartening when I'm not positive but I'm somewhat certain my burner is better than my suitemate's who has an internal burner on his HP. I bought an internal one that I installed myself: Pioneer DVR-107D. Any help is greatly appreciated, I'm just trying to speed up the process.

Comment

• sfheath
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Sep 2003

If you put the burner in, did you not note which channel you installed it on?
                You BIOS startup screen will confirm which device is on which channel. If it's too quick to read, enter BIOS setup with 'del' or F2 or whatever key is needed.
                See http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=44808 for DMA help.
                This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• t13one12
                  • Apr 2005

I actually had my brother install the burner, he has a computer science degree and I wanted the job done quick and efficiently without having to stop and read directions and such. I'm going to check BIOS now to see.

Comment

• t13one12
                    • Apr 2005

Just checked BIOS and here is what I found.

Drive 0 SATA-0 Hard Drive
                    Drive 4 PATA-0 DVDRW *Pri IDE Master
                    Drive 5 PATA-1 CDRW

This leads me to believe that my DVDRW is in fact Device 0 and is set for PIO Mode. I read the previously posted link and I'm confused on how to change from PIO mode to DMA. Please help!

Comment

• jmet
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2002

Check your DMA settings - How ? do this -> Go to Control Panel> System> Hardware Tab> Device Manager> IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers> Right Click Primary IDE channel (and Secondary IDE channel after you finish with Primary)> Properties> Advanced Settings Tab> Transfer Mode or <a href="http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=101616">click here to learn.</a>

Do the above from both "Primary & Secondary IDE channels".

I (We) and you need to look at whats in both "Transfer Mode" and "Current Transfer Mode". Screen shot below is what I'm talking about.

You can also look here for some other solutions: http://sniptools.com/vault/getting-b...windows-xp.htm

If it is in "PIO" mode. Click the "Driver" tab, and uninstall the driver. Then reboot. Upon rebooting windows will automatically reinstall the driver and it should go back to "DMA" mode.

Comment

• t13one12
                        • Apr 2005

Yesssssssssss. After the registry edit stuff, it is now in DMA mode 2 (both drives). I have but two more somewhat simple questions. Is it a problem that under the IDE controllers I only have primary listed?(No secondary one to check) And lastly, how do I update my firmware? I downloaded the newest set for my burned Pioneer 107D, now all I have to do is run the update and it should work?

Comment

• jmet
                          Super Moderator
                          • Nov 2002

"how do I update my firmware?"
                          Go Here: http://forum.dvddecrypter.com/index.php?showtopic=23049

Comment

• t13one12
                            • Apr 2005

I downloaded and extracted the correct .exe file for updating. I closed all programs and when I hit install I receive this message:

In command prompt it says:

"Detect the Intel's driver.
                            Available target is not found"

Along with a popup that says : "Available target is not found"

Comment

• jmet
                              Super Moderator
                              • Nov 2002

Sounds to me as a OS/CPU problem. Wait for another member to help you in that aspect, sorry.

Comment

• cynthia
                                Super Moderatress
                                • Jan 2004

Firmware version 1.21 for your burner 107D: http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/download...107D_FW121.EXE

Is it this one you are trying to install?

Comment

Working...