Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theforce
    • Nov 2004

copy protection error...failure of io device

I installed a 16x pioneer DVD burner last week and tranfered my out dvd player into another computer. From the old DVD player I was able to back up whole discs onto the hard drive in file or ISO format with no problems. Since getting the new burner I have had no problems bruning these HDD back ups. However when trying to make HDD back ups reading from the new pioneer burner it fails with the message"copy protection
    dvd shrink failed because of io device error"

Any ideas? I suspect it is something to do with the pioneer burner. I havent had time to transfer the old DVD player back ( and I dont really want to) to see if it still backs up off the old device.
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

1. Have you set any regioncode for your new burner?
    2. If you are using Nero - try to update it. It's free. www.nero.com

Comment

• theforce
      • Nov 2004

I think it has one more use before it sets the region code permanently. Could that make a difference? Movies play ok from the burner it only fails on attempting to back them up.

Nero comes with the burner. I havent tried to update it. It kept causing a fatal error with the leadteck winfast TV tuner so uninstalled it. I tried reinstalling it and then later tried using an earlier system restore point (prior to installing the pioneer burner) to see it that was causing the 'failure of the IO device'

The earlier iso files I created with the DVDshrink and the old DVD player I have been burning with Alcohol 120%.
      Last edited by theforce; 28 Nov 2004, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• cynthia
        Super Moderatress
        • Jan 2004

Could try to burn with DVDDecrypter if you are using ISOs.

Comment

• theforce
          • Nov 2004

Thanks. The DVDDecrypter has sorted that out.

I'm still have no idea what caused the DVD shrink to develop a "copy protection error" after using it sucessfully.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎