Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • erikberto
    • Dec 2004

Downloaded Movie

I have downloaded a movie from an ftp site which was compressed into multiple files. Extracting them....it creates an img file. I used a program called ISOBuster to convert it to DVD format. The problem I am having is that I cannot get DVD Shrink to view the files on my hard drive for this particular movie. It seems like one of the VOB files has "invalid data" in it. What I want to know....is there some way to manually take some of the VOB files (main movie ones) and create a DVD from them? I know which ones they are, but I cannot seem to get things to work out.

Any help would be appreciated. Thx in advance.
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

You might get away with opening your VOBs in VirtualDubMod, converting them to AVIs then going through the normal procedure of say, TMPGEnc Pro or 2.5 to make mpgs, then TMPGEnc DVD Author to make the working DVD structure. If working in XP, TDA can go on to burn the DVD also.

Some folk I gather have got away with simply renaming the VOBs MPGs saving the conversion process but all in all, downloading movies isn't really supported here.
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• erikberto
      • Dec 2004

Thanks for the info sfhealth. Just a little more info on my issue though. I have the VOB files. Let's look at it this way. let's say one of my VOB files is corrupt. Is there anything I can do to "manually" take out the actual movie VOB files to create a DVD from those?

Comment

• sfheath
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Sep 2003

I really don't know what you can do with the bad VOB. If you can load it into VDubMod you might be able to save some of it.
        The good VOBs should process ok. Never having done this I'm not sure what settings to use though. You have Direct Stream/Full processing mode on each of the video and audio streams. AVI should be selectable from the 'Save as' command.
        This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• Dj Eclipse
          • Nov 2004

Re: Downloaded Movie

Originally posted by erikberto
          I have downloaded a movie from an ftp site which was compressed into multiple files. Extracting them....it creates an img file. I used a program called ISOBuster to convert it to DVD format. The problem I am having is that I cannot get DVD Shrink to view the files on my hard drive for this particular movie. It seems like one of the VOB files has "invalid data" in it. What I want to know....is there some way to manually take some of the VOB files (main movie ones) and create a DVD from them? I know which ones they are, but I cannot seem to get things to work out.

Any help would be appreciated. Thx in advance.
          Just burn the .iso with nero or Alchol and be done with it.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"I have downloaded a movie from an ftp site"

Discussion of anything related to such activity is a violation of the rules of these forums (Rule #6, in particular)...

Comment

• erikberto
              • Dec 2004

sorry setarip. I should have read the rules before posting.

Comment

• DrinkOrDie
                It Was The Dog, I Swear!
                • Nov 2003

Sorry, erikbero. Don't give up on this forum. I encourage you to 'hang around'. It's just that you shouldn't explicitly talk about what amounts to theft.

Like setarip said, your quote: "I have downloaded a movie from an ftp site"

Discussion of anything related to such activity is a violation of the rules of these forums.

You could just tell us about the files you are working with. Just don't tell us where you got them!
                My toy:

Custom Build PC Born on 03-08-08AMD Athlon64 X2 6400+ (3.21Ghz) (Black Edition) on overclock ready Asus M2R32-MVP Crossfire AMD chipset Mobo, 8-Channel HD Audio, Windows XP MCE, 2GB 800Mhz DDR2, 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, 500GB SATA-II HardDisks X 4 in RAID 4 mode,(1.5 TB storage capacity + 500GB eSata external) Sony MultiRec DVD-RW, PCI-HDTV Tuner, SOYO Topaz S 24" Wide LCD 1920X1200

Comment

• erikberto
                  • Dec 2004

I understand DrinkorDie.....I plan on staying around and helping out in any way that I can.

Comment

Working...