Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bluenose
    • Dec 2004

Suggested Digital Camcorders, please advise

Our company has begun experimentation with Windows Movie Maker for the purpose of creating audio/video stream for production demonstration; this is seen as a helpful tool and the format is optimal for publishing on the site. Hadn't you wished at times to see a quick 'how to' from a company?

I am hoping some electronic-savvy members can offer suggestions of a DV camcorder. The feature of optical stabilizer is a must, as is easy to use with PC (fire wire or USB interface). Specifications of many models available online site 'digital tapeless', 'microdrive', & 'microMV. We are not interested in taking still photographs, therefore integrated or removable memory is not an interest, although if audio/video is recorded on magnetic tape of format it must be easily transferred to PC & in workable format. The obvious advantage of using a tape rather than flash disk is less cost and long recording time.

Your advice would be appreciated -
  • Floppy

Any camera that burn onto a mini DVD of the RW flavour is something to consider also...... specially because it takes as much as a mini DV tape and your PC drive can read the info on the disk with no need to transfer the video to PC via firewire...

DVD Camcorders

If you prefer the mini DV tapes then look Here fo those

To an actual model of camera I wont risk because this a personal taste thing... Any of these cameras should offer some sort of image stabilizer... Just how much youd like to spend???

Movie Maker??? too slow...

Ulead VideoStudio 8 wont break the bank and it supports the windows media formats as well as faster to render the finished result...
    Last edited by Guest; 3 Dec 2004, 09:44 PM.

Comment

• sfheath
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Floppy
      Any camera that burn onto a mini DVD of the RW flavour is something to consider also...... specially because it takes as much as a mini DV tape and your PC drive can read the info on the disk with no need to transfer the video to PC via firewire...
      The development of an all-in-one camera-to-finished DVD is a milestone in some respects but it's worth bearing in mind if you want to edit/title/add music whatever you'll probably need to resort to the time honoured way of streaming the data across .. unless ... beyond the 'features' I looked at for the Sony DCR DVD91 it records plain mpeg2 files as an alternative to the IFO/BUP/VOB structure.
      This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• Fat_Fannie
        • Oct 2004

what kind of price-range is this in? the Sony DCR DVD91?

Comment

• bluenose
          • Dec 2004

I have read enough to learn that it may be very well worth investing in a 3CCD model, otherwise risking regret.

Of the several 3CCD models available, I plan to purchase Panasonic model: NV-GS400 because of its impressive optical zoom, LCD, expansions, and ease of use with PC. Priced at around US$1000, I trust that its upscale class is worth the buy.

Comment

• sfheath
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Fat_Fannie
            what kind of price-range is this in? the Sony DCR DVD91?
            This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

Working...