Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • astra004
    • Dec 2004

no DVD playback after burning

Hi there, can any one help me. I having been burning discs for quite a while now, and have had no problems except with 'dodgey' cheaper brand discs.

I have upgraded to dvdshrink 3.2 etc and am using smartripper 2.41. Since then most of my discs will not playback on my DVD home system player.

I can playback all DVD's on my computers and other peoples home DVD systems, but not on mine. I am not sure if the new problem is the blank DVD's or some problem with settings in either Dvdshrink 3.2 or smartripper 2.41 ??

Any advice / suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Is / has anyone else had this problem and how did you get around it ?
    Thanks,
    Justin.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I can playback all DVD's on my computers and other peoples home DVD systems, but not on mine. I am not sure if the new problem is the blank DVD's or some problem with settings in either Dvdshrink 3.2 or smartripper 2.41 ??"

Since it's only your "home system" that won't play the burned DVDs, it's obviously a question of media/player comaptibility.

To determine the capabilities/limitations of your specific brand and model of standalone DVD player, as well as media compatibility, go to:

Comment

• astra004
      • Dec 2004

DVD playback problems

I have sorted the problem now. I have a batch of pretty trashy blank DVD's. I used another blank DVD from a reputable company, and you guessed it, the playback works fine.

I'm sick of getting ripped off with bodegy DVD's

Thanks for the DVD site. It is pretty informative.

Justin.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Glad to hear you've resolved your dilemma!

Comment

• astra004
          • Dec 2004

Ok, so one last question. Which blank DVD's do you recommend for burning. I have tried several. A lot of them 'skip' during playback. Can you send me to a site that has the lowdown on the best blank disks to buy for burning.

Thanks,
          Justin.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

To determine the capabilities/limitations of your DVD burner, as well as media compatibility, go to:

(If necessary, open the Device Manager in the Control Panel to determine the make and model number)

To determine the capabilities/limitations of your specific brand and model of standalone DVD player, as well as media compatibility, go to:

Comment

• astra004
              • Dec 2004

Thanks mate. Been to all those sites, & as I guessed, my DVD player isn't there. Oh well it still plays all region free stuff so I'll be happy with it for the time being

Thanks,
              Justin.

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"my DVD player isn't there"

What brand and model number is it?

Comment

• astra004
                  • Dec 2004

My DVD player is a 'Conia M510'. There are similar model numbers, but not mine. Typical !!

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

Try Ritek, Ridata, or Verbatim...

Comment

• CaptJeff
                      • Oct 2004

I've had pretty good luck with Ridata -R discs. If you ever start experimenting with DL burning, stick with Verbatim. My Ridata DL's became shiny, expensive coasters.

Comment

Working...