• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jordan24
    • Dec 2004

out of sync problems

hi,
    hope someone can help!!!!
    ive recently downloaded nero 6 reloaded with nerovision express 3 and cannot burn a disc without the audio being out of sync BIGTIME with the video!!! ive tried slowing down the burn speed but it still happens! can someone advise me how to stop this happening....thanks
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

what is your source and what exactly is your method?
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• jordan24
      • Dec 2004

well i want to put some avi files that i have on my pc to disc and im using nero 6 to burn them onto a cd (to make a vcd) its saying that the burning was successful but then when i go to play it back the sound is out of sync...anything else do you need to know??

Comment

• sfheath
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Sep 2003

I'm a bit rusty on sound lags. I'm tempted to just quote Setarip.
        First, download TPMGEnc (different from TMPGEnc DVD Author) from http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html
        and I quote:

To create a VCD:

1) Load .AVI file into TMPGEnc
        2) Set to "System Video and Audio" (lower right side)
        3) Click on "Setting" radio button
        4) Click on "System" tab, change mode to "MPEG1-VideoCD" (from default of "MPEG1")
        5) Click on "Advanced" tab, change "Video arrange method" to "Center (Custom Size"), change dimensions to 352x288 or 352x240
        6) Change "Source aspect ratio" to either "4:3 525 line (NTSC 704x480)", "4:3 525 line (NTSC)", or "16:9 525 line (NTSC)" - If you're in the PAL world choose either of the two similar PAL settings instead
        7) Under the "Video" tab, change the dimensions to 352x288 or 352x240 (Note: "Video" tab mode of "MPEG1" is okay) - set "Motion Search Precision" to "Normal Quality". Change the "Aspect Ratio" to match, as closely as possible, the "Source Aspect Ratio" you set under the "Advanced" tab.
        8) Change "Rate Control Mode" to "Automatic VBR (CQ_VBR)" and "Bitrate" to "1,150"
        9) Under the "Audio" tab, set to "MPEG-1 Layer II", 44,100 224Kbps
        10) Press "Start"

(Or, instead of the steps 1)-10) above, you could attempt to use TMPGEnc's VCD "wizard"/template)

Note that if your video runs longer than 70-80 minutes, you'll have to subsequently split your VCD-MPG file in two. This too can be easily and precisely accomplished using TMPGEnc. Under the "Files" dropdown menu, click on "MPEG Tools" and select the "Merge & Cut" tab. Once again, make sure to change the mode to "MPEG1-Video CD". Load your file and enter a new (.MPG) name in the "Output file" box. Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL file's name in the window, which will bring you to the cutting area. Select your desired start and end points for the first half, click on "Okay" which will bring you back to the first window and generate (in a sequence of three automated steps) the first new file. To create the second new file, repeat the steps starting with "Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL..." (be extra patient with the second half, as the program has to do more seeking to establish the beginning of the new file).

Use a burning program, such as NERO to burn your CD-R or R/W CD as a VCD (DON'T ask NERO to format the file as a VCD, since you've already accomplished this!)

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• sfheath
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Sep 2003

I'm about to disappear for a while so I thought I'd add this.
          Are you making an intermediate mpeg1 file? If so, how is the sound? If it's out there, read the following, also from Setarip,

A) If the difference between audio and video is constant throughout the video:

Load the file into VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod, or NanDub.
          Set BOTH "Video"(VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod and NanDub) and "Audio" (VirtualDub and NanDub - VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list") to "Direct Stream Copy".
          From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Interleaving" (For VirtualDubMOD, rightclick on the listed audiostream and then select "Interleaving")
          Under "Audio skew correction", set an appropriate number of milleseconds (positive or negative) in the box labelled "Delay audio track by"
          Save with a new filename

B) If the difference increases as the movie plays:

From under the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Framerate" - and select "Change so video and audio durations match"

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Chances are that your .AVI contains a Variable Bitrate .MP3 audiostream, that may be confusing to NEROVision Express.

As a preliminary step, try the following:

Using VirtualDubMOD to Convert "VBR" .MP3 to Uncompressed .WAV

1) Load the .AVI file into VirtualDubMOD (a different program than the standard VirtualDub)

2) From the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Direct Stream Copy"

3) From the "Streams" dropdown menu, select "Stream List" - and rightclick on the audio stream, then select "Full Processing Mode" - then click on "OK"

4) From the "File" dropdown menu, save .AVI with a new filename

Comment

Working...