X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hatter
    • Jun 2004

Can't find the right MPEG codec!

Okay, here's the thing.

Up until a few days ago, the MP3G videos I had on my PC played in Windows Media Player 10 just fine. But then, to fix a couple of episodes of a series, I downloaded and instelled the K-lite codec pack. In the process, it uninstalled and re-installed my versions of DivX, Xvid, and 3ivx, among others.

Now, a couple of days later, I find that my MPEG videos no longer play in WMP.
    So, I uninstalled it, re-installed the new Nimo codec pack, DivX, Xvid, 3ivx.

Following some info I found, I've installed DVD Genie, updated my Cyberlink PowerDVD, downloaded the Media Player 9 Codec Pack...

So now, I can watch these videos in PowerDVD and Quicktime, but not WMP or RealPlayer.

What happens is, I open the file, and the video is just black. No audio, no video. It shows the length of the file, but the progress bar doesn't move. There's no error messages. Gspot isn't helping.

What am I missing? Why is it so hard to get MPEG playback in WMP10?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If your O/S is WinXP, simply perform a "System Restore" back to the last time things were working properly...

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎