Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bushcowboy
    • Dec 2004

Unable to copy to DVD-R

I live out in the bush pretty far from the nearest civilized town so to speak, and for this reason I have engaged in backing up the better part of my entire DVD collection (quite extensive) due to the fact that watching a good movie is one of two only entertainments I pursue out here in the middle of nowhere, the other is reading. I mention this because it somewhat explains the reason for running out of DVD-R disc’s all of a sudden, and so for a time resorted to ripping some of those DVD’s to my hard disk in order to save time on an extra step. The problem:
    I used DVD Decrypter v3.5.1.0 to decrypt and copy to my hard disk in the File mode, the intention, to later use Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 to burn the movie to DVD-R (as you know Easy Media Creator shrinks the movie automatically to single layered DVD-R). As my work progressed and the quantity of DVD’s on my hard disk increased I found that I was running out of space. To resolve this I came up with the brilliant (if not stupid) idea:
    Why not use Easy Media Creator to again copy to my hard disk that which was already decrypted on my HDD in exactly the same way as if I were copying to a DVD-R? In this way I would be able to shrink the DVD’s without the extras and language options and thus gain the extra 3 to 4GB per DVD which was taking up my HDD space. I would later of course delete the original decrypted copies which were taking up an average of 8GB each. So, in effect I used Easy Media Creator to do this, selecting Copy DVD - Source (DVD Folder) - Destination (I chose DVD Video Folder). The burning to my HDD went without a hitch and I played each copy on PowerDVD and playback was excellent. However, when finally getting hold of the very much needed DVD-R disc’s to complete the last part of the burning task and so recover the space on my HDD, I found that I could not copy the movies to the disc. Easy Media Creator transcoded but the final burning sequence was aborted due to “a missing file or file error” This ruined two DVD-R’s until I decided to stop. What was wrong? What went wrong? How can I resolve this problem? I am now landed with an additional 56GB that occupy my HDD and short of deleting the whole batch I would rather choose an alternative. Appreciate your advice.
    On the other hand, an alternative is to convert these files to DivX however, I have tried AutoGK and it tells me that it can only convert files decrypted and copied in IFO mode not in File mode. Most of other apps, if not all, that convert DVD to DivX give you a Source and a Destination drive, the Source always being a choice between DVD drive or CD drive but not the HDD drive. They all seem limited to converting files from either DVD or CD disc’s and give you no alternative to choose files copied to your hard disk drive. I wonder why?
    In any case, I would really like some feed back on this matter.
    Cheers.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"Easy Media Creator transcoded but the final burning sequence was aborted due to 'a missing file or file error'”

Since you've already decrypted and compressed the DVD filesets to your hard drive, there should be no need for further transcoding. You should be able to perform a simple "Copy to disc (DVD)", copying the "VIDEO_TS" folder and its contents from your hard drive to blank media...

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎