Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

nope, in post 21, drfsupercenter mentioned he couldn't use wmp for screen capture as it gave a black image. i replied and said vmr rendering would solve the problem
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• jm1647
      An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
      • Apr 2005

Thanks I missed that I got lost, it went from screen capture to video rendering....my bad

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

@jm1647:

@drfsupercenter: a guide to using vmr9 to get higher quality dvd playback http://forums.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=57099

Comment

• atifsh
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2003

Originally Posted by jm1647
          The preferred format here is .png because of it's size. [/URL].
          this is where u lost me....... png gives larger file size then jpg, for example, my desktop screenshot[printscreen] png = 1.03 mb, jpg = 69.9 kb.

[pasted in paint and then saved as png and jpg]
          Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• drfsupercenter
            NOT an online superstore
            • Oct 2005

You said Media Player Classic plays the video - what about Windows Media Player? Also, would a GeForce MX 4000 64MB card work or not?
            CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
            Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
            My DVD Collection

Comment

• blutach
              Not a god of digital video
              • Oct 2004

Windows Media Player has to be the worst thing out there for playing DVDs. That card should be fine.

Regards
              Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
              [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• anonymez
                Super Moderator
                • Mar 2004

hmm missed this thread for some reason, didn't show up in usercp or email

Originally Posted by drfsupercenter
                You said Media Player Classic plays the video - what about Windows Media Player? Also, would a GeForce MX 4000 64MB card work or not?
                AFAIK that graphics card isn't fully dx9 compatible, but i would try it anyway. just make sure you download & install latest nvidia drivers and directx 9.0c. as for using wmp to play video, i agree with blu, it doesn't even have native dvd support. you may like to see this thread http://forums.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=55025

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                  NOT an online superstore
                  • Oct 2005

Well it sounds complicated - I will just stick to PowerDVD and using Nero Showtime to do a screenshot. Unless there is some really easy way.
                  CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                  Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

• anonymez
                    Super Moderator
                    • Mar 2004

the link i gave you above is not for taking screenshots, its my way of playing dvd's (using vmr instead of overlay mixer).

if all you want to do is take screenshots, open your video in 'media player classic', and click 'save image' under 'file'. thats it. no vmr needed, you don't need to adjust any settings or anything. vmr is only needed if you wish to take screenshots in windows media player, because its so crap it doesn't even have a screenshot feature
                    Last edited by anonymez; 7 Nov 2005, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                      NOT an online superstore
                      • Oct 2005

I think they do that for copyright reasons - bleh! Anyway, I am fine with Windows Media Player for playing video - it would be convienient if I could just printscreen a video, but I don't want to mess around with all kinds of settings - my memory is limited, and it would just eat up more that way.
                      CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                      Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                        Demigod of Digital Video
                        • Nov 2004

another method for capture is virtualdubmod (freeware)
                        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                        Columbo moments...
                        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• anonymez
                          Super Moderator
                          • Mar 2004

Originally Posted by atifsh
                          this is where u lost me....... png gives larger file size then jpg, for example, my desktop screenshot[printscreen] png = 1.03 mb, jpg = 69.9 kb.

[pasted in paint and then saved as png and jpg]
                          missed that post!

that's because jpg compresses real life photography best, (eg pictures of people, nature, cars, etc), while png does text/drawings/line art

take screenshots of say dvd decrypter, and compare them. the jpg should have many compression artefacts around text, while the png will look perfect (its lossless). the png should also be smaller in this case
                          Last edited by anonymez; 9 Nov 2005, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• jeo
                            Digital Video Expert
                            Digital Video Expert
                            • Feb 2004

another place to host files and photos
                            (Max file size is 25Mbytes,Files will be stored on server for 1 year,can use download managers to download files and You can download 2 files from any download server at once. )

Upload2.net

starting gifts
                            Last edited by jeo; 9 Nov 2005, 05:13 PM.
                            still sending greens(you can't see but can feel)

geriatric rock fan

Comment

• atifsh
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              • May 2003

Originally Posted by anonymez
                              missed that post!

that's because jpg compresses real life photography best, (eg pictures of people, nature, cars, etc), while png does text/drawings/line art

the png should also be smaller in this case
                              understood, perhaps thats why my desktop capture was smaller in jpeg.
                              Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• anonymez
                                Super Moderator
                                • Mar 2004

definitely why it was smaller

Comment

Working...