Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

don't know why i would, reform may come one day. untill then, hell with the rest, stick with the best.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• anonymez
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

Originally Posted by Chewy
      then how would you describe showtime?
      remember this is a family forum?
      let's not go there . tbh i find it similar to wmp except MS is very good with GUIs. last i checked showtime was an eyesore

chewy was that wmv HD the first HD you've seen on a PC?
      Last edited by anonymez; 28 Jul 2006, 11:25 AM.
      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• Mike89
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        • May 2005

Dunno, I like Windows Media Player (10). It does everything I need it to do. I shelled out the $20 for PureVideo (didn't need the one with the audio decoders since I have my Logitech Z-5500 which uses its own decoders anyway) and like it. I also have PowerDVD 7 and in hardware rendering, it also uses PureVideo (if you got it). I guess it's just a personal preference thing.
        I7 920 @ 3.5 gig (ThermalRight U120E 1366 RT Heatsink), Asus P6T, 3x1024 Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 280, NEC 90GX2, X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, Lite-on IHAS4228 SATA DVD R/W, Pioneer DVR-216D SATA DVD R/W, LG GH22NS30 SATA DVD R/W, 2 WD 640 gig (32 meg cache) SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig SATA External HDD (eSata), Winfast USB2 TV Tuner, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows XP Pro

Comment

• anonymez
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2004

PowerDVD 7 and in hardware rendering, it also uses PureVideo (if you got it)
          do you see the little nvidia icon in the system tray when you play using powerdvd? last i checked powerdvd uses exclusively it's own filters for mpeg1/2, (and more recently avc as well) and directshow for mpeg4/avi

Comment

• idontno
            • Jun 2006

Screenhunter is really nice cause you can select Full Screen, Active Window or Rectangle Area. Then you can upload them to a imaging hosting service, like ImageShack, copy and past the appropriate code into your reply box and walla...

Last edited by idontno; 29 Jul 2006, 01:16 AM.

Comment

• illpirate1
              • Jul 2006

Trial Run on screen print

[ATTACH]8501[/ATTACH]

Comment

• Mike89
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                • May 2005

Here is a screenshot of PowerDVD 7 showing the Purevideo. Dunno if the word "PureVideo" appears in PowerDVD 7 if you don't have PureVideo.

Last edited by Mike89; 29 Jul 2006, 08:24 AM.
                I7 920 @ 3.5 gig (ThermalRight U120E 1366 RT Heatsink), Asus P6T, 3x1024 Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 280, NEC 90GX2, X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, Lite-on IHAS4228 SATA DVD R/W, Pioneer DVR-216D SATA DVD R/W, LG GH22NS30 SATA DVD R/W, 2 WD 640 gig (32 meg cache) SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig SATA External HDD (eSata), Winfast USB2 TV Tuner, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows XP Pro

Comment

• anonymez
                  Super Moderator
                  • Mar 2004

thanks mike, didn't know they had some partnership going

Comment

• Mike89
                    Digital Video Enthusiast
                    Digital Video Enthusiast
                    • May 2005

Additional info on the PureVideo thing:
                    I emailed Cyberlink about PureVideo and they responded that PureVideo is included in PowerDVD 7 so it does not need to be purchased in addition to (but only works in PowerDVD 7). You do need to purchase it separately for Windows Media Player 10 to use it. Also, the PureVideo icon does not appear in the System Tray when playing PowerDVD 7.

Comment

• atifsh
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • May 2003

Originally Posted by Mike89
                      Here is a screenshot of PowerDVD 7 showing the Purevideo. Dunno if the word "PureVideo" appears in PowerDVD 7 if you don't have PureVideo.
                      no it does'nt....

Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• Mike89
                        Digital Video Enthusiast
                        Digital Video Enthusiast
                        • May 2005

Hmm. The Cyberlink response to me was that "Nvidia PureVideo" would appear at the end of "Hardware Acceleration" if the Video Card was capable of running PureVideo.

Here is the exact quote from them.
                        VCNitin Reply 2006/08/02 03:43
                        Dear Mike,

Thank you for contacting Cyberlink Online Support.

We understand your concern related with PowerDVD 7.

There will be no PureVideo icon in the System Tray while watching a video in PowerDVD. You have to just click on Enable Hardware Acceleration (Nvidia PureVideo) in video tab. PowerDVD 7 automatically uses it.

Also note that PowerDVD 7 includes PureVideo but it only enables / show under video tab when your hardware (graphic card) supports it.

What video card do you have?
                        Last edited by Mike89; 6 Aug 2006, 05:50 AM.

Comment

• atifsh
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • May 2003

ATi Radeon 9200 on this , but same goes for 9500 on other system. no nvidia cards now to check. only nvidia i had died and put to rest in wastebin
                          Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎