Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • freebird1963
    • Jun 2004

Pinnacle Systems

People complain about microsoft but hell at least they eventually answer some questions.
    Pinnacle systems just plain SUCKS !
    Support is vaporware. 3 weeks now waiting for replies to several emails about my PCTV DELUXE and not one friggin word. !!

STAY AWAY FROM THESE THEIVING BASTARDS !!!!!!!!

Mark
  • Floppy

Mate go to Leadtek and buy from them... PVR2000 or if you prefer something outside your pc they do this winfast_tvusb2_deluxe

I prefer the PCI solutions but you may not have the space or the means to...

Comment

• j1mmy
      • Nov 2005

I got Pinnacle PCTV card a while ago, and when the thing didn't work their support kept saying it was an irq conflict, even though I kept telling them it wasn't because I'd checked all my IRQs. So yeah I agree pinnacle suck. I took the card back and got an ATI TV Wonder PCI which has given me no problems.

Comment

• Floppy

the vast majority of the support personnel have as much clew about theire job as I have of Brain surgery....

The worrying thing is that it's not just Pinnacle, but they are definatly BAD....

Comment

• toomanycats
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Apr 2005

I think Pibbacle sucks too. My problems started with Studio 7 and the DC10plus card, it never worked right. They said it was my computer and being new to the capture world I thought they were right. I let it sit for a year and 1 new computer later it still didn't work. Their support finally admitted to a glitch in their software after numerous contacts and I found I had spent $279 on a card that was now obsolete, used its own proprietary codec system and when did work, sucked. I purchased a Pinnacle USB unit from Tigerdirect becuase Pinnacle said it was compatible with Studio 7 and my new computer would not recognize it. They would not issue a RMA but Tigerdirect.com took it back no questions asked, which is why I purchase from them whenever possible. I will never puchase anything from Pinnacle no matter what it is. I wouldn't take their stuff for free.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎