Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • outlawery
    • Mar 2002

DVD player from Divx

guys.. ive searched all sites and i hope you guys help me out on this one!! i have divx movies on my computer... tv out sucks and my montior isnt too great or big.. im wondering if theres a way for me to write dvd movies to play on dvd player (stand alone)? i have cdr and using nero 5.5... id like to see if theres way to convert divx to dvd (is that mpeg2?) and be able to play on dvd player. will VCD works on dvd player? which program will i need to achieve that? i could say im somewhat newbie in this area. Help would be greatly appreciated!! (i dont have dvd rom or dvd rw though)
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

will VCD works on dvd player?
    Yes for most players. You should check your manual to be sure, though.

It would be easier to just create VCDs. It seems that hardly anyone here knows how to create DVD from an existing video file. Not one of this kind of postings has been answered and even if you try posting one, there will most probably be no response.

To create VCDs, Nero5.5 and TMPGEnc are the two most used programs. Nero is the easier one to use and if it does not work or if you want more options, TMPGEnc is the one to look at (It even has templates to help you get started quickly).

Comment

• outlawery
      • Mar 2002

can u tell me how to do conversion from divx to vcd? i dont see DVD menu on nero when i want to burn the cd.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Look for "VCD" not "DVD"...

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

You should be able to see the option in the Wizard. You should also make sure you're using Nero 5.5 or later.

Comment

• outlawery
            • Mar 2002

allright.. i found cd video... u cannot use the wizard.. otherwise it wont show. now, the question, does it works for both mpeg and avi? is it used same way?
            Last edited by outlawery; 9 Mar 2002, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• Enchanter
              Old member
              • Feb 2002

Compile a new CD -> Other CD formats -> Video CD

You're burning DivX AVI files into VCDs, aren't you?

Comment

• outlawery
                • Mar 2002

man.. lets hope this is the last question i dragged the mpeg to cd (video cd) and it wouldnt burn. i didnt place the divx into any folder.. i tried with avi and mpeg and it still wont burn the cd. what am i missing??
                Last edited by outlawery; 9 Mar 2002, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• Enchanter
                  Old member
                  • Feb 2002

What sort of error are you getting? Normally, you should just follow the steps I outlined earlier and when you make the final decision to create the VCD, Nero will start encoding the avi file(s) you throw at it and after a few hours of encoding, it will start burning the VCD. Is that what you experienced? Or is it something else?

Comment

• outlawery
                    • Mar 2002

okay, when i select to create new cd, i pick video cd, four folders were automatically created on new cd box... i dragged the mpeg onto cd and im suppose to click burn cd icon.. but its dimmed.
                    i tried placing the mpeg into each folder and its still dimmed. same for mpeg not in any folders. isnt that strange??

Comment

• Enchanter
                      Old member
                      • Feb 2002

From what I can see, there are 5 folders in the root, namely CDI, EXT, MPEGAV, SEGEMNT and VCD. Are these what you're seeing as well?

The method I would use is drag the video file to the window below (with words track, title, etc.). Nero will do a file verification before deciding whether it can work on the file or not. It takes only a few moments. The bar near the words 'Use Drag & Drop to add files to your compliation' will show how many minutes of the CD has been allocated for.

When you're satisfied with the settings, just press the burn button. You have to make sure, though, that the VCD dialog box (usually on the left-hand side), not the File Browser, is highlighted.

Comment

• outlawery
                        • Mar 2002

the files you said all came up correctly... i have The Fast and Furious mpeg (its Divx movie) dragged onto new cd... the burn icon is still dimmed and the minutes of movies remains 0:00.. i have attached the copy of screen.. go and look at it and tell me what i am doing wrong. thanks!
                        Attached Files

Comment

• setarip
                          Retired
                          • Dec 2001

I believe you should be dragging and dropping the file to the lower/lowest window rather than the window you've put it into...

Comment

• outlawery
                            • Mar 2002

u got me lost, dude... lowest window, what does that mean?

Comment

• mtrd
                              • Mar 2002

how about change the DVD player, not the file

Can we flash the codecs into the chips on the
                              dvd players, then we would not have to alter the
                              avi files.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢