Burned DVD...Freezes up when almost to the end of the movie!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rebel985
    • Jan 2005

Burned DVD...Freezes up when almost to the end of the movie!!

I am using DVD Shrink 3.2 and DVD Decryptor. Everything seams to go well, except for when i watch the movie, they may have about 15 minutes left to the movie, and it seems to freeze up,or like the last file is corrupted or something. Could it be something with the compression settings?? PLEASE HELP!!!

Rebel
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

Look at this FAQ: http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=44912

I could need some feedback on this guide.

Comment

• Rebel985
      • Jan 2005

Thanks for answering.
      I will definatley give that a shot. I really think one of the settings i need to adjust. I burned 11 movies, and 1 came out. The rest of them all had the same thing in common....They all freeze up right at the end of the movie. I would say 10 to 15 minutes left of the movie. Thanks again for the suggestion!

Anyone esle have any suggestions please do!!

Rebel

Comment

• megamachine
        Video Fiddler
        • Mar 2003

I had this problem on several disks, and it seems to have been due to my DVD player not reading well near the edge of the disk (it's almost 5 years old, and doesn't read dual layer disks at all, probably time for a new one!). I was using good media, but found that compressing in Shrink a bit more, as Cynthia's useful guide suggests, solved the problem of burns freezing up near the end.

Comment

• Rebel985
          • Jan 2005

Thanks for the reply!!

Ok so far this is what i figured! The DVD player is having trouble reading the edges. My Laptop buit in DVD player has trouble reading it and it freezes. It is almost a year old. My home DVD player has trouble reading it also. It is only 3 weeks old. My external DVD Burner reads the entire movie!! Strange!! It is one week old, but that is the only one that will go through the entire movie. Does anyone know what i should do to try to get it to work on all my equipment? Should it be more compression??

Thanks!!!!

Rebel

Comment

• jmet
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2002

Could possibly be the media that is being used. As cheaper media usually causes alot of problems.

Comment

• Rebel985
              • Jan 2005

Thanks on reply. I will get some better media. Does anyone have a recomendation on media? Does anyone can tell me how to set the compression settings on shrink?

Rebel

Comment

• jmet
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2002

Ritek is pretty good media to use. I have also had good luck Imation. Setting the compression is going to be different for every DVD. Take a look at this forum as some of the questions you have might be answered here. - http://forum.digital-digest.com/foru...?s=&forumid=57

Comment

• Rebel985
                  • Jan 2005

Thanks again!! I think i will go out and buy some new media tonight!!!

Rebel

Comment

• jmet
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2002

Originally posted by Rebel985
                    Thanks again!! I think i will go out and buy some new media tonight!!!

Rebel
                    My Pleasure!

Comment

• Rebel985
                      • Jan 2005

It seems like the more i try to compress the movies, the earlier it freezes up!! This trial and error is starting to cost a little!!!

Comment

• cynthia
                        Super Moderatress
                        • Jan 2004

Save your money - buy a RW disc...

Comment

• Rebel985
                          • Jan 2005

YEAH YOU ARE RIGHT!!! DUHHH!!!!!!

THANKS

Comment

• Rebel985
                            • Jan 2005

Ok, well i got some different media. It seems to have helped a bit. It seems the only one having trouble reading the burned DVD is my internal drive on my laptop. Still on it when it get almost to the end of the movie, it freezes, and you can hear the drive making noises, like it is trying to read. I played the movie on my home computer, and it plays fine. I have played it in my home DVD player and plays fine there also. Now what?? Anyone have any suggestions on that one?? Try cleaning the lens?? Hummm
                            Now im at a dead end again. Oh yeah, and i did burn at 2x, and i also compressed it more.....So now what do i do to solve the last problem.....Or maybe i should go get the Sony DVD burner that i should have gotten to begin with.....But this one seems to work just fine.....HELP!!

Rebel

Comment

• jmet
                              Super Moderator
                              • Nov 2002

If it is working "fine" on the other two players, and not your laptop. That would lead me to believe, the laptop drive is at fault. Different brand "drives" tend to be different when being picky on the media. (Example: Imation brand media might play fine on a Sony brand player, while on a Tosiba brand player you might expierence freezing and pixelation, etc.)

Comment

Working...