Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peculiar
    • Nov 2004

Illegal Disk Error with Nero

For some time now, I have been using DVD Shrink with Nero to back up DVDs. Suddenly, I'm getting "Illegal Disk" error after Nero attempts to write the files to DVD. I've tried uninstalling Nero and installing an earlier version. Using the latest version of DVD Shrink. The problem seems to be with Nero as I can create an ISO file and burn it with Roxio. I have been using both of these programs on the same puter for well over a year without any trouble. I haven't changed Media. I am really confused as with what could have happened.

Can someone help me please. I can do all right with the ISO file method, but it is really annoying.

Using Ritek Media with SOHW-812s LiteOn burner with latest Firmware updated.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I have been using both of these programs on the same puter for well over a year without any trouble."

Regardless of your good fortune thusfar, these two programs are well known to not peacefully coexist on your system. I'd suggest you UNinstall the Roxio software and see if your problem disappears.

Otherwise, if your O/S is WinXP, perform a "System Restore" back to the last time things were working properly...

Comment

• peculiar
      • Nov 2004

I had the very same idea. I uninstalled Roxio, and Nero worked perfectly doing a simulation burn and then a true burn. I then reinstalled Roxio and did another simulation. Illegal Disk Error once more. I then thought of something. I went into msconfig and removed everything Roxio from startup. Did a simulation and then a true burn without any trouble. Once again, I am running both programs without any trouble. If I do start having trouble, Roxio is out the door.

Thanks for your reply. Hope this info helps others.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Thanks for your reply."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎