Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chuckebo
    • Jan 2005

Can't read DVD in home SONY DVD NS425P

I have copied 100's of movies with no problems. I recently downloaded several music/concert DVD's from the newsgroups and after burning, I am unable to play them in my home stereo DVD player. I get the message "Cannot play in your region".

These movies are either in ISO or straight VOB file copies. I have run them thru CloneDVD2/Anydvd, DVDSHRINK v3.2.0.15, and DVDDECRYPTER v3.5.2.0 telling all of them to remove region code with no luck.

I can view the media with DVDINFO Pro and it says they are region free. They all play in my PC DVD burners with no problem and they also play in older model (1-2 years old) Panasonic and Samsung DVD players.

Can anybody help me out here?

Chuckebo
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I recently downloaded several music/concert DVD's from the newsgroups"

Discussion of anything related to such activity is a violation of the rule sof these forums (Particularly, Rule #6)...
    Last edited by setarip; 13 Jan 2005, 07:22 PM.

Comment

• chuckebo
      • Jan 2005

I am sorry for posting the first message, it was late at night, was having a hard time getting around on the site, too lazy to read the rules, and PO'd that I couldn't get the movies to play, which is all no excuse. Please feel free to remove that message from the forum.

Comment

• Inbot
        • Jan 2005

chuckebo-

It is very well known that many Sony DVD players will not play burned DVD's. It is not due to some anti-piracy function, but rather a result of the way that Sony DVD players are not able to read the recordable media. If someone borrows a DVD that I burned and come back and tell me that it wouldn't work in their player, I tell them, "I'll bet your DVD player's a Sony." So far, I've been right 100% of the time.

But not all Sonys are that picky. My girlfriend has a Sony DVD player, and is able to play back anything I burn, regardless of the brand of media I use. I guess most Sony DVD players are just not compatible with recordable media.

Comment

• chuckebo
          • Jan 2005

Well, that may be true, but so far I have had no problems playing backups of the DVD's I have purchased. I have used +R, _R, and every brand imagineable without problems.
          It was just these couple cases that I mentioned before. Maybe they originally came from Europe and the original region code does not get removed properly, I really don't know. For curiosity sake, I would like to find out where the region code is stored, what file, what offset in the file etc. but have had no luck in finding that out.
          Actually it doesn't matter, the quality of the movie is terrible and don't particularly care for the musical group anyway.

Comment

Working...