Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alwinjc
    • Jan 2005

how to make exact dvd copy

Hello there...I have recently burned a few movies that I bought...I would like to know how is it possible to come out exactly as the original dvd...I used the sharp ( normal ) setting from dvd shrink ..Before I used the first two option ( smooth and extra smooth ) and I don;t like the video quality of those...just normal comes out even better than (extra sharp)....I was wondering If I should reduced the burning speed...Usually nero detects 4x...my dvd burner is liton 12x .....what do you think I should do..so the movie burn very original....
    Ps. just to let you know.. the movies come out very clear but you coul still see blurry images from far away scenes.....overall I like dvd shrink but if its my media dvd+R 8x ( unknown brand) I'll use fuji ....
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

There are only two ways you can burn an exact 1:1 copy of an original that I know of.

1. If the source disc is a DVD 5 disc (4.7GB), you will be able to burn a identical 1:1 copy. (Basically, if you put the movie in to shrink, and the top bar is all Grey and you have used no compression on the movie at all, then you can make a exact copy.)

1. If you have a DL (Dual Layer) burner, as most of the newer movies are stored on a bigger capacity disc. Although, DL blank media is very expensive right now. (Like $10 US per disc)

Comment

• TRI0N
      Digital Video Technician
      Digital Video Technician
      • Dec 2004

@jmet - Counting like a horse today? Option 1 & Option 1.. hehe

Option 3:
      Could split the movie between 2 disc to keep full quality.
      Cheers!

TRI0N

Comment

• cynthia
        Super Moderatress
        • Jan 2004

@ jmet: Use the function "Bullets and Lists" and it can't happen no more.

Comment

• jmet
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2002

lol thanks for noticing! I was in a hurry, had a hot date last night. Thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it. lol

Comment

• alwinjc
            • Jan 2005

still need help

can you be more specific on the first one here

1. If the source disc is a DVD 5 disc (4.7GB), you will be able to burn a identical 1:1 copy. (Basically, if you put the movie in to shrink, and the top bar is all Grey and you have used no compression on the movie at all, then you can make a exact copy.)

Please I reall will like to know....most of my movies are 4.7GB ..Do I need to dvd r/w drives or can it be one cd/rw drive and one dvd/'drive to male an exact copy of a moviecan you be more specific on the first one here Please I reall will like to know....most of my movies are 4.7GB ..Do I need to dvd r/w drives or can it be one cd/rw drive and one dvd/'drive to male an exact copy of a moviecan you be more specific on the first one here

Comment

• alwinjc
              • Jan 2005

sorry

I messed up my writing....I guess I was late for work....

Comment

• jmet
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2002

you need a DVD RW drive, cant do it with a CD RW drive.

Comment

• jmet
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2002

Check out the FAQ forum as most if not all of your questions are answered there. - http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=45339

Comment

• alwinjc
                    • Jan 2005

further help

HOw can you back up the whole DVD movie and still keep the same video performance ? or is it impossible ? please I would like to know ..what are the best settings when you open a DVD disk using dvd shrink 3.2 before encoding and after encoding...I',m using nero 6.2 (updated)
                    thanks

Comment

• jmet
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2002

There are no "Best Settings", each DVD is gonna be different. I suggest some guides/tutorials on DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter.

Lots of goodies here: http://www.mrbass.org/

DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink: http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=45238

Nero - http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...453#post221453

Comment

Working...