X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrDavis
    • Jan 2005

Help...About Xvid Codec/codecs in general

Hey people ... I have the newest version of the Xvid Codec... How do you get this thing to work? ? ? Help me ... Help me please ... Later n thanx
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

i have koepi's latest build 1.0.3.---nothing, just install the thing.
    what other codecs do you have installed on your pc?
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• megamachine
      Video Fiddler
      • Mar 2003

What do you want to do with XviD? If you just want to play back your XviD encoded AVIs, you don't need the codec. Just install FFDShow, which enables you to play XviD, DivX and other formats on most media players, such as BSPlayer. If you are doing your own encoding, then you can use the XviD codec from within the encoding program, like VirtualDub, for which you might find this guide useful: http://www.divx-digest.com/articles/xvid_setup.html
      Last edited by megamachine; 17 Feb 2005, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• tigerman8u
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2003

As stated above a codec allows you to play a video ie in WMP or encode a video ie in Virtualdub. If you have a file and you want to know which codec/s you need to play it use Avicodec (free) and it will tell you the required codec/s and if they are installed on your system.

Comment

• MrDavis
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by megamachine
          What do you want to do with XviD? If you just want to play back your XviD encoded AVIs, you don't need the codec. Just install FFDShow, which enables you to play XviD, DivX and other formats on most media players, such as BSPlayer. If you are doing your own encoding, then you can use the XviD codec from within the encoding program, like VirtualDub, for which you might find this guide useful: http://www.divx-digest.com/articles/xvid_setup.html

<b> I want it to watch bootleg screeners and such... you know!!! </b>

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"I want it to watch bootleg screeners and such... you know!!!"

Discussion of anything related to such activity is a violation of the rules of these forums...

Comment

• admin
              Administrator
              • Nov 2001

Bootleg/screeners are all just another way described pirated movies, which as setarip stated, is against forum rules.

Thread closed.
              Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎